Accounts of some N-Power beneficiaries still in other MDAs - FG

Accounts of some N-Power beneficiaries still in other MDAs - FG

- The federal government has explained why some beneficiaries of the N-Power are yet to be paid their salaries

- So far, over 14,000 beneficiaries have not received their salaries

- The government explained that the account details of these persons are still reflecting in other ministries, department and agencies

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The Ministry of Information and Culture has explained why over 14,000 beneficiaries of the N-Power scheme are yet to be paid by the federal government.

On its Twitter page on Thursday, July 23, the ministry said that it has not at any time failed to process, approve and remit necessary information for payments to the Office Accountant General of the Federation (OAGF).

The ministry also noted that it is the duty of the OAGF to credit the various accounts of the beneficiaries.

Coronavirus: Engaging activities you can do to avoid boredom following the stay at home order
Accounts of some N-Power beneficiaries still in other MDAs - FG

The minister of information and culture, Lai Mohammed (Source: UGC)
Source: Facebook

It went on to explain that upon receiving complaints of non-payment by some beneficiaries, the OAGF revealed that "out of a total of Five Hundred and Sixteen Thousand, Six Hundred (516,600) N-Power beneficiaries data sent to OAGF for migration in April, 2020, only a total of Five Hundred and Two Thousand, Five Hundred and Eighty (502,580) data have successfully migrated to the GIFMIS"

The OAGF added that "a total of Fourteen Thousand and Twenty (14,020) beneficiaries were returned because the beneficiaries’ account details already exist in other MDAs, which is against the established rule of the N-Power programme."

Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that some volunteers of the scheme under the aegis of unpaid N-Power beneficiaries had threatened nationwide protest.

Legit.ng's regional reporter in Osun state, Ibrahim Akinola, reports that the volunteers took what they called ''warning protest" to Nigeria's Senate recently to serve as a preface to the planned nationwide protests if their grievances are not properly addressed.

N10 billion fraud allegation: IGP orders probe of Udom’s appointee

According to Legit.ng's findings, this was to register their displeasure with the way the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP) is being run under the leadership of the minister of humanitarian affairs and disaster management, Hajia Sadiya Umar Farouq.

The report says that a source privy to what happened at the Senate said that the distressed and agitated volunteers were placated and urged by the National Assembly leadership to put their complaints to paper and send in form of a formal petition to the red chamber.

N-Power Project: I Graduated in 2005 and Have Been Unemployed Before N-Power Fixed Me Up - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel