- Some small innovative MSMEs in Nigeria have been honoured by the federal government
- In the government's third edition of the National MSMEs Awards, 12 participants were recognised
- The winners were showered with gifts including brand new cars and cash
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
The Nigerian government has released the list of the 12 winners of the third edition of the National Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) Awards.
The awards was held virtually on Thursday July 16 and presided over by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.
According to a statement released by the presidency on Tuesday, July 21, all the award recipients have been very active participants in the different editions of the National MSMEs Clinics held across the country in the past three years.
The winners in four categories, MSME of the Year, Best MSME Clinics participant, Female; Best MSME Clinics participant – Male; and the Award of Excellence in Manufacturing, were given four brand new cars.
Winners in the other categories went home with N1 million each.
Beyond the cash and car gifts, other incentives to be enjoyed by the winners and other finalists include a three-month spotlight on their businesses aimed at boosting patronage for their products and services.
The winners are listed below:
1. MSME of the Year - Adejoke Lasisi of Planet 3R from Oyo State
2. Best MSME in Manufacturing - Hyelni Hassan of SHEELDA Limited from the FCT
3. Best MSME Clinic participant - Female - Sa’adatu Haruna Illo, of S&M Spices from Kebbi State
4. Best MSME Clinic participant - Male - Orioye Benedict Gbayisemore of First Morey Foods from Ondo State
5. BOA Award of Excellence in Agriculture category: JOSULT Oil Processing Company (JOPC), an oil palm processing business run by Mr Joshua Joseph and based in Akwa Ibom State.
6. SON & NAFDAC Award of Excellence in Beauty, Wellness and Cosmetics: Ladi Mairo Shambo, founder, DIJMEDS Limited, Niger State
Another Nigerian man succeeds, makes int'l list of successful people under age 30 in art and style (photos)
7. CAC Award of Excellence in Creative Art: Mr Olalekan Lashekan, Lordebukks Arts, Lagos State.
8. NEPC Award of Excellence in Fashion & Style: Orjinta Clement of Klemzy Designers Concept Workshop from Abia State
9. RMRDC Award of Excellence in Leather Works: Proach Shoes, founded by Erem Prosper, Abia State
10. NITDA Award of Excellence in Technology Innovation: Kombak Ventures, founded by Mr Israel Terwase, Benue State
11. ITF Award of Excellence in Furniture & Woodworks: Mafeng Woodcraft, founded by Mafeng Iliya Yohanna, based in Jos, Plateau State
12. SMEDAN Best MSME Clinic Support State: Kaduna State. Kaduna State @contactkdsg won for its exemplary support to MSMEs in the areas of training, financing and other assistance given to MSMEs operating in the state.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the lawmaker representing Kaduna Central at the upper legislative chamber, Mallam Uba Sani, lauded President Muhammadu Buhari and the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, over their roles in rebooting the nation's economy following the hardship occasioned by the coronavirus pandemic.
Legit.ng's regional reporter in Kaduna, Nasir Dambatta, reports that the senator, who is the chairman of the Senate committee on banking, insurance and other financial institutions, said Nigeria would have been contending with major crises on practically all fronts but for the level-headedness of President Buhari.
Schoolteacher embraces okada business as Coronavirus bites harder | - on Legit TV