- Two COVID-19 vaccines have proven safe for humans and produced positive responses in patients
- The first trial, in Britain, found that the vaccine induced strong responses against the virus
- Another trial, in China, showed that the vaccine had also shown widespread antibody immune responses
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
Two COVID-19 vaccine candidates have shown positive results in separate trials across the world. In Britain, a trial saw 1,000 adults participating and had found that the vaccine had induced 'strong antibody and immune responses'.
Another trial took place in China and saw over 500 people taking part. This trial had also shown that most participants had developed a positive response against the virus.
Both possible vaccines have proven safe for human use and trials found that they had both produced strong immune reactions, according to doctors.
Forbes reports that there is no indication as to when the vaccine will enter commercial production, but nevertheless this bodes well for the global fight against the virus.
Over 21 vaccines are currently under trial worldwide, according to the World Health Organization.
In other news, Nigerian universities’ scientists under the aegis of COVID-19 Research Group say they have discovered COVID-19 vaccine.
The scientists made the disclosure on Friday, June 19, saying the vaccine was being developed locally in Africa for Africans but would also work for other continents when unveiled.
The leader of the team, Dr Oladipo Kolawole, said it would take a minimum of 18 months for the vaccine to be unveiled to the public.
He said this is because a lot of analysis and studies, as well as approvals by medical authorities, were still required.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that a Nigerian man identified as Babajide Olayemi has called for justice after his pregnant daughter died with her unborn set of twins at the Federal Medical Centre, Idi-Aba, Abeokuta, in June 2020.
Olayemi said his daughter Josephine Olayemi Odufowora was never attended to for 24 hours despite the fact that she was in pain and needed urgent attention.
The father wants the minister of health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, to use his “offices to investigate into the circumstances surrounding the death of the deceased and ensure all culpable persons are held accountable”.
Coronavirus: Govt is lying to us about the virus | Legit TV