- Governor Rotimi Akeredolu has begged members of APC in Ondo state to forgive his sins
- Akeredolu is one of the APC governorship aspirants in the state
- APC is conducting its primary in the state on Monday, July 20
Barely two days before the conduct of governorship primary of the All Progress Congress (APC) in Ondo state, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, said he was ready to apologise to anybody he might have offended since he assumed office in 2017 in order to allow peace to reign in the state.
Vanguard reports that Akeredolu said this when he met with the reconciliation committee of the party led by the Governor of Niger state, Abubakar Bello, in Akure, the state capital.
Legit.ng gathered that the committee, which was set up by the APC caretaker/extra convention planning committee, is in the state to meet with governorship aspirants, leaders and members of the party in the state.
He said: “We must allow for peace. Let us get all of us, the aspirants, to sign that whoever wins, others will support him. “Anybody I have offended I will apologise to the person. We must allow peace.”
Akeredolu said that the APC is in the heart of the people of the state and that what the people desire is for the dividends of good governance to be visible, saying that his administration has delivered in terms of the yearnings and aspirations of the people of the state.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Senator Ike Ekweremadu opened up on why the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) would emerge victorious at the Ondo state governorship election.
It was reported that the former deputy Senate president explained that one of the reasons PDP would defeat APC is because they have resolved their differences especially over the protest that followed the alleged three-man ad-hoc delegates list.
In another report, all the 12 aspirants jostling for the governorship ticket of the APC in Ondo state have been cleared by the party’s screening committee.
The ruling party’s screening panel was chaired by Tijjani Tumsa. The party’s deputy national publicity secretary, Yekini Nabena, said none of the 12 aspirants was disqualified from the race.