- Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey, and the platform's support have spoken about what they know so far about attack on some elite accounts
- Jack said that workers at Twitter are really working to get to the root of the matter as the platform's support said it has limited access to compromised accounts
- In a brief closure on the incident, the micro-messaging platform said the hackers targeted its workers who have "access tools"
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey and the platform’s support have finally spoken on the hack of some of the accounts of world leaders and rich men like Barack Obama, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Elon Musk, and Joe Biden.
The cyberattack which happened on Wednesday, July 15, gained access into their accounts to ask their millions of followers for Bitcoin donations with the promise of doubling any given amount.
It was terrible and we've been working hard
Jack on Thursday, July 16, said that Twitter feels terrible that the hack happened, adding that the company’s teammates are working hard to understand what happened.
Minutes after that tweet, the platform’s CEO quoted what support said about the whole issue. Under the said tweet, Twitter support called what happened “a coordinated social engineering attack”.
They targeted our employees with access
It said the hack was carried out on some of its employees “with access to internal systems and tools”. After gaining control of the access, it was then used to target some high profile accounts.
The support said that though it is yet to establish the fact that some other verified accounts were attacked, it has limited their functions in the bid to protect them.
It added that it put affected accounts under lock as well as “limit access to internal system and tools” as investigations continue.
See their tweets below:
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that the big money spender, Hushpuppi, was recently arrested in Dubai, alongside one Mr Woodbery and several others, by Interpol and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Dubai.
In a viral video that has begun circulating social media, the Nigerian big boys were allegedly surrounded by the international police and FBI on the grounds of being fraud suspects.
The same person also landed himself into another problem as the FBI reportedly accused him as the brain behind the £2 million SS Lazio scam.
Two years ago, Italian Serie A side Lazio were reported to have been scammed on the payment of the transfer deal of defender Stefan de Virj who now plays for Inter Milan.
All testimonies there are from hacked accounts - Nigerian man exposes fake online Kia Rio Splash promo
Forget Hushpuppi, check out 8 times Nigerians abroad made us proud | Legit TV