- Lionel Messi has continued to shatter all the records and football statistics
- The Argentine has emerged the player with the most goal-to-game ratio
- Arch rival Cristiano Ronaldo is second, while German striker Lewandowski is third
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
Lionel Messi has emerged no.1 in the top ten players with the best goal-to-game in this first century having scored 630 goals in 726 games to claim an unprecedented 0.87 ratio.
In the top ten as revealed by UK outlet SPORTbible, six of them were former players in the English Premier League while others are from the La Liga and Bundesliga but they are world class superstars.
The stats now reveal how lethal these players are in front of goal and now we have the Barcelona legend show class having scored more in fewer games.
Ronaldo Delima tops list of highest goalscorers at 21 for club and country (see where Messi and Ronaldo are)
10. Ruud Van Nistelrooy - (0.60) 236 goals, 391 games
9. Edinson Cavani - (0.61) 341 goals, 556 games
8. Zlatan Ibrahimovic - (0.62) 361 goals, 586 games
7. Harry Kane - (0.63) 183 goals, 289 games
6. Kylian Mbappe - (0.65) 117 goals, 180 games
5. Neymar - (0.65) 174 goals, 266 games
4. Luis Suarez - (0.67) 277 goals, 411 games
3. Robert Lewandowski - 345 goals, 472 games
2. Cristiano Ronaldo - (0.77) 626 goals, 812 games
1. Lionel Messi - (0.87) 630 goals, 726 games
Meanwhile, Messi hit a major milestone in his football career after becoming the latest player to record 700th senior team goals.
The Argentine scored one of Barcelona's goals against Atletico Madrid in their 2-2 draw in the Spanish League clash at the Camp Nou.
Though the result didn't go the way of the Catalans, it was however a memorable evening for the 33-year-old who had a hand in both goals for the home team.
Legit.ng earlier reported that Lionel Messi was not on the score-sheet for Barcelona in their 1-0 win over Real Valladolid at the Estadio Jose Zorrilla this weekend.
But the Argentine forward still managed to achieve another feat as he became the first player in the history of the Spanish League to score 20 and assist 20 goals in one season.
The 33-year-old created an assist that helped Chilean midfielder Arturo Vidal score the only goal that separated the two sides after regulation period.
I’ve proof to show I was asked for bribe to make World Cup team – Obasi | Legit TV