- Only 400,000 persons will be employed in the N-Power batch C scheme
- This was revealed by Sadiya Farouq, the minister of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development
- Sadiya said that so far 4.48 million applicants have visited the online portal
Sadiya Farouq, the minister of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development, has revealed the number of applicants that have visited the N-Power online portal.
Sadiya disclosed on her Twitter page that just 16 days after opening the portal, not less than 4.48 million persons have indicated interest to be employees on the platform.
The minister added that only 400,000 applicants will be absorbed into the third batch of the National Social Investment Scheme (NSIP) at the end of the recruitment exercise.
On Sunday, July 12, the minister tweeted: "My team and I continue to interface with stakeholders to ensure a successful transition for the @npower_ng.
"It has been 16 days since the portal opened and we have received 4.48 million applications to date."
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that Sadiya on Monday, June 22, revealed that about 12,000 N-Power beneficiaries were yet to be paid their three-month stipends.
She admitted this at the media briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 in Abuja.
She disclosed that the delay in paying the volunteers was as a result of administrative issues, adding that her ministry was working to resolve it with the office of the accountant general.
“So, these are the administrative issues that have hindered the payment of some of the volunteers. There are about 12,000 of them based on our record and as I am speaking with you, the permanent secretary of the ministry is in the office of the accountant general to sort out these issues and once we get the report, we will make it available to all,” she said.
In a related post, Legit.ng reported that the minister on Friday, June 19, spoke on when the application for recruitment into the N-Power scheme would begin. She announced that the online portal for application would be opened on Friday, June 26.
A statement released by the ministry's deputy director of information, Rhoda Iliya, in Abuja said, the commencement of the Batch C enrolment is due to far-reaching consultations.
N-Power Project: I Graduated in 2005 and Have Been Unemployed Before N-Power Fixed Me Up Legit TV