Ondo 2020: I am still in the governorship race -Akeredolu declares

Ondo 2020: I am still in the governorship race -Akeredolu declares

- Governor Rotimi Akeredolu has opened up on rumors that he was disqualified from APC's governorship primary

- The Ondo state governor in a statement on Sunday, July 12, noted that it was not true

- Akeredolu explained that the rumour was a ploy to distract his supporters

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Ondo state governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has reacted to rumours that he was disqualified from taking part in the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship primary slated for Monday, July 20.

Akeredolu in reaction to the reports declared that he is still in the Ondo state gubernatorial race, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.

The governor disclosed this in a statement issued on Sunday, July 12, in Akure via Ojo Oyewamide his senior special assistant on media and publicity.

Kogi guber: Huge number of APC aspirants is due to my efforts, says Gov Bello

Oyewamide explained that the rumour was a ploy to deceive and distract supporters of the incumbent Ondo state governor.

Ondo 2020: I am still in the governorship race -Akeredolu declares

Ondo 2020: I am still in the governorship race -Akeredolu declares
Source: Twitter

While noting that the rumor was aimed at diverting attention from the self-imposed pains of those behind the story, Oyewamide urged all supporters of the governor to ignore the rumour.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Earlier, Legit.ng reported that twelve governorship aspirants jostling for the governorship ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo state were on Wednesday, July 8, screened ahead of the party's primary election.

Akeredolu, alongside Olusola Iji, Chief Odimayo Okunjimi, Chief Olayide Adelaml, Chief Isaac Kekemeke, and Chief Olusola Oke were screened in Abuja on Wednesday.

Other guber aspirants such as lfeoluwa Oyedele, Olajumoke Anifowoshe, Awodeyi Akinsehinwa, Akinola Colinus, Olubukola Olarogba, Okunola Adetula, Dr. Segun Abraham and Dr. Nathaniel Adojutelegan were screened at the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) on Thursday, July 9.

Before an officer searches you, search the officer first - Police give 14 tips on arrest

Also, APC has resolved to stick to the indirect mode of primary to produce its candidate in Ondo state.

The APC caretaker committee led by Governor Mai Mala Buni resolved to stick to the indirect primary mode which had earlier been adopted by the dissolved NWC and conveyed to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

However, 11 governorship aspirants on the platform of the APC rejected the indirect mode of primary election.

The gubernatorial aspirants in reaction to INEC's statement sent a letter on Friday, July 10, to the party’s caretaker committee rejecting the indirect mode of primary election.

The letter which contained reasons why the candidates felt the indirect primary was not an option was submitted by Chief Olusola Oke, one of the aspirants on behalf of others at the national chairman’s office.

We'll isolate Wike in an isolation center - Ganduje | Legit TV

Election 2019: US pastor prays for Nigeria, says country is too important to fail

Source: Legit.ng

Hot:
Mailfire view pixel