Igbos are not against Buhari - Femi Adesina declares

Igbos are not against Buhari - Femi Adesina declares

- The presidency has denied the alleged frosty relationship between Igbos and President Muhammadu Buhari

- Femi Adesina, the presidential spokesman, said Igbos are not against the president

- Adesina noted that the president is fair to all irrespective of their political interests

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The presidency has denied insinuations that the people of the southeast are against President Muhammadu Buhari's administration.

Legit.ng reports that the special adviser to the president on media and publicity, Femi Adesina, said Buhari is fair to all Nigerians notwithstanding partisan interests.

Adesina in his article on Friday, July 10, said that the fact that Buhari got low number of votes from the southeast does not mean the Igbos are against him.

He said the president is guided by what is right and fair in his actions and that this has earned him the admiration of some prominent persons in the southeast.

Nigerian striker scores 2 goals to help top European club stretch their unbeaten run to 9 games
Igbos are not against Buhari - Femi Adesina declares

Some Igbo leaders hosted President Muhammadu Buhari during his campaigns in 2019. Credit: Facebook/Femi Adesina.
Source: UGC

“Despite the sparse number of votes in the southeast in 2015 and 2019 elections, would we be right to say the entire region is arrayed against the president? Not so.

“After the 2015 election was won, I remember a piece I wrote in Daily Sun Newspaper, under the headline, ‘Igbo Heroes of Change.’ I mentioned people who contributed significantly to the Buhari victory like Chief Ralph Obiora, Dr Chris Ngige, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu, Hon Juventus Ojukwu, Osita Okechukwu, and many others.

He commended Arthur Eze, a philanthropist from the southeast, who said: “the president is a man of the moment for the Igbo and the entire south-east.”

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that President Buhari was asked to sack the minister of education, Adamu Adamu, over the continued closure of schools in the country.

Kogi guber: Huge number of APC aspirants is due to my efforts, says Gov Bello

It was reported that the request was made by the pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, on Thursday, July 9, at a media briefing in Akure, Ondo state.

The secretary-general of the association, Bashorun Sehinde Arogbofa, accused the education minister of planning to ground education activities in the country for a whole year.

100 days after, what has President Buhari achieved? | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel