- Former governor Rochas Okorocha has said that his successor Uzodinma is after his life
- An Abuja court had on Wednesday, July 8, struck out Okorocha's suit seeking to stop his probe
- Okorocha's media aide, Sam Onwuemeodo, however, said on Thursday, July 9, that his principal's suit was never struck out by the court
Following the court judgement that struck out the suit to stop his probe, Senator Rochas Okorocha, a former governor of Imo state, has alleged that his successor, Hope Uzodimma, is after him and his family.
This Day reports that Okorocha’s media aide, Sam Onwuemeodo, in a statement issued on Thursday, July 9, said that Governor Uzodinma’s ongoing probe of Okorocha’s administration was targeted at humiliating him.
Legit.ng gathered that he said the report about court's rejection of Okorocha's request to stop his probe by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) was not true.
“Quickly, we want to state that the court presided over by Justice Ahmed Mohammed did not decline or refuse to stop the probe of Senator Rochas Okorocha by EFCC and the Imo state government.
“The most exciting thing that happened in the court on Wednesday, July 8, 2020, was that the judge extracted an oral undertaking from the lawyer that represented the attorney-general of the state, Joseph Matthew, that the panel would not sit again during the pendency of the matter,” the statement read.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Okorocha's suit seeking to halt a probe instituted against him by Imo panel and the EFCC was struck out by the court.
It was reported that Okorocha has been embroiled in a corruption scandal bordering on various alleged financial infractions he was alleged to have committed as a governor of Imo state.
The former governor went to court to prevent the agency from further probing him but during a sitting at Abuja Federal High Court on Wednesday, July 8, his suit was struck out.
Presiding judge Justice Ahmed Mohammed rejected the request after counsel to the former Imo governor, Oba Maduabuchi, asked the court to mandate parties involved in the suit from going ahead since the defence counsel asked for an adjournment.
The EFCC, which is the first defendant, was not also in court, putting pecks on the suit with number FHC/ABJ/CS/558/2020 filed on May 28 by the former governor.
Bribery allegation: Shehu Sani was set up - lawyer | - on Legit TV