Your allegation against Yahaya Bello frivolous - Kogi govt replies Natasha Akpoti

Your allegation against Yahaya Bello frivolous - Kogi govt replies Natasha Akpoti

- Kogi government has reacted to the allegation of assassination levelled against Governor Yahaya Bello

- An aspirant of SDP in Kogi during 2019 governorship election in the state, Natasha Akpoti, accused Bello of a plan to kill her

- Kingsley Fanwo, the state commissioner for information and communication, described the allegation as frivolous

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The Kogi state government has reacted to the allegations made by the Social Democratic Party (SDP) aspirant in the November 16, 2019 state governorship poll, Natasha Akpoti, that Governor Yahaya Bello is after her life.

The Nation reports that the state commissioner for information and communication, Kingsley Fanwo, in a reaction on Tuesday, July 7, to a Facebook post titled: “Governor Yahaya Bello’s Evil Ploy to Eliminate Me…Uses DSS Kogi to lure me to death zone,” stated that the government was not surprised by Akpoti's allegations.

N10 billion fraud allegation: IGP orders probe of Udom’s appointee

Legit.ng gathered that Fanwo added that Akpoti reserved the right to express her views, adding that the state government was, however, not interested in her allegations.

The report said that on the Facebook page, Natasha Akpoti Legend Ark, she further accused the Department of State Service (DSS) in Kogi state, of being privy to the alleged plot to eliminate her.

Kogi reacts to allegation of assassination by SDP chieftain

The Social Democratic Party (SDP) aspirant in the November 16, 2019 state governorship poll, Natasha Akpoti.
Source: UGC

The DSS, in a response on Tuesday, July 7, explained that Akpoti was only invited to shed more light on issues of insecurity in the state, for which she had alleged that it was being fueled by those in possession of arms and ammunition distributed by Bello, to prosecute the election.

Fanwo, however, called on Nigerians to disregard the allegations, stressing that the governor remains focused on delivering on his campaign promises, and will, therefore, not be distracted.

He said: “We are not surprised by such frivolous allegations. Nigerians are tired of the antics of Natasha Akpoti. She has the right to air her views, but we are not interested in her allegations.

Kogi guber: Huge number of APC aspirants is due to my efforts, says Gov Bello

“Natasha was rejected at the polls. So, her own choice is to keep lamenting. She is trying to sway public perception. But, Nigerians know the truth. Kogi is a civilised state that is trying to expand her economic opportunities. We should be represented by those who understand our values and culture.”

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that following its failure to upturn the victory of Governor Bello at the appeal court on Saturday, June 4, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) revealed the next political move.

It was reported that the reelection and victory of Governor Bello was confirmed by the Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja on Saturday, July 4.

The justices dismissed the appeals filed by PDP, the SDP, the Action Peoples Party (APP), and the Democratic Peoples Party (DPP).

Presidential election: Mixed reactions trail Atiku's decision to challenge result in court

In another report, a former Kogi lawmaker, Dino Melaye, reacted to the statement by the ruling APC linking him and other PDP chieftains to Ramon Abbas, popularly known as Hushpuppi.

Hushpuppi was recently arrested alongside his associates in Dubai and extradited to the United States to face trial over alleged cyber fraud, money laundering, etc.

The ruling APC had accused Melaye and other PDP leaders of having shady links with Hushpuppi.

Kogi election: Kogi deputy governor reacts to APC victory | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel