Salary structure of civil servants at National Assembly illegal - HoS reveals

Salary structure of civil servants at National Assembly illegal - HoS reveals

- Folasade Yemi-Esan, the HoS, has declared that the current salary structure of civil servants at National Assembly is illegal

- Yemi-Esan said the way the leadership of the eighth NASS arrived at the current salary structure was faulty

- The report noted that civil servants at the NASS are not different from the core civil service

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The Head of Service (HoS) of the federation, Folasade Yemi-Esan, has said that the current consolidated salary structure of civil servants at the National Assembly is “illegal.”

TheCable reports that Yemi-Esan said this at a meeting with Senate president, Ahmed Lawan, and Femi Gbajabiamila, the speaker of the House of Representatives.

Legit.ng gathered that the HoS asked the leadership of the National Assembly to revert the CONLESS to the way it was.

N10 billion fraud allegation: IGP orders probe of Udom’s appointee

The report noted that over time, civil servants at the National Assembly, have protested poor remuneration and non-payment of allowances.

This led to some adjustments by the eighth National Assembly overseen by the former Senate president, Bukola Saraki.

Salary structure of civil servants at National Assembly illegal - HoS reveals

Nigeria's Head of Service, Folashade Yemi-Esan. Credit: Federal Civil Service Commission.
Source: UGC

She told the Senate president and the speaker that the way the leadership of the eighth Assembly arrived at the current salary structure “was faulty.”

The HoS said the civil servants at the National Assembly are not “different from the core civil service to warrant a consolidated salary structure.”

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the federal government ordered civil servants from grade level 14 to resume work at their respective duty posts on Monday, May 4.

It was reported that the statement was contained in a memo signed on Thursday, April 30, by the HoS Yemi-Esan.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Kogi guber: Huge number of APC aspirants is due to my efforts, says Gov Bello

The HoS said the workers in all heads of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) would be allowed to work three times a week and that the closing time would be 2 pm.

She stressed the observance of social distancing, use of face masks, hand sanitisers, and good general hygiene at all government offices as she noted that all federal secretariats have been decontaminated and efforts were ongoing to do the same in other public offices.

The circular further advised affected officers to limit the number of visitors they received, adding that handwashing facilities should be located at every strategic location within their office premises. They were also urged to make use of face masks with regular washing and sanitising of hands.

Coronavirus: My business has collapsed totally - Man laments | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel