Ngige apologises over Keyamo’s outburst on 774,000 jobs

Ngige apologises over Keyamo’s outburst on 774,000 jobs

- An apology has been tendered to the National Assembly on behalf of Festus Keyamo

- The apology was made by the minister of labour and employment, Chris Ngige

- Ngige made this move on Tuesday, July 7, to douse the tension between Keyamo and the NASS on planned employment of 774,000 persons by the federal government

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Chris Ngige, the minister of labour and employment on Tuesday, July 7, tendered an apology to the National Assembly on behalf of the minister of state for labour, Festus Keyamo.

Recently, Keyamo was in a faceoff with some senators who constituted a committee overseeing the ministry with special attention on the recruitment of 774,000 persons under the special public works programme initiated by the federal government, The Nation reports.

In a meeting with the Senate president, Ahmed Lawan, also attended by Keyamo, Ngige admitted that the position canvassed by the minister is not reserved only for him.

"I am committed to a review of the minimum wage" and 5 other things Buhari said at inauguration of advisory committee

On his part, Lawan insisted that all earlier moves made by Keyamo with respect to the scheme are null and void, adding that all the process for the said recruitment must start afresh.

Ngige apologises over Keyamo’s outburst on 774,000 jobs

Chris Ngige and Festus Keyamo
Source: UGC

The Senate boss maintained that the NASS will vehemently resist any plot by the ministry to hijack the employment programme which, according to him, must be implemented by the National Directorate of Employment (NDE).

Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that after a rowdy session with some senators on Tuesday, June 30, Keyamo had spoken again on his position.

There had been an argument between Keyamo and some lawmakers over issues linked with the creation of 774,000 jobs under the NDE.

In a fresh statement in which he maintained his position, the minister said that no politician or person in the country can stop him from carrying out the task given to him by President Muhammadu Buhari.

EXPLAINER: What we know and do not know about alleged leaked tapes of Rotimi Amaechi

Keyamo in a tweet later on Tuesday described the opportunity to serve in this capacity as a rare privilege.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

He said: "Except Mr. President, who appointed and gave me the opportunity and rare privilege to drive this programme stops me, no other political leader or person can stop me. I am answerable only to Mr. President. This programme is for all Nigerians."

Keyamo had cried out, noting that he was being blackmailed and pressurized by some politicians to enable them to dictate who got a slot among the 774,000 jobs.

N-Power Project: I Graduated in 2005 and Have Been Unemployed Before N-Power Fixed Me Up Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel