Accra Girls SHS: 6 students test positive for COVID-19
WE CELEBRATE THE NEVER DYING SPIRIT OF NIGERIA AT 60. SHOW YOUR PATRIOTIC SIDE!
TAKE CHALLENGE

Accra Girls SHS: 6 students test positive for COVID-19

- Six students of the Accra Girls’ Senior High School have tested positive for COVID-19

- They were earlier isolated at the school’s sickbay on Monday, June 29, 2020

- The situation led to agitations among students and teachers

- President Akufo-Addo had directed that all final year students should return to school to complete their examination

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Reports reaching Legit.ng has it that six students of Accra Girls’ SHS have tested positive for COVID-19.

A total of 11 students were said to have shown symptoms of the diseases and were isolated at the school’s sickbay on Monday, June 29, 2020.

Out of the 11 students tested, six of them were found positive to have contracted the disease.

Accra Girls SHS: 6 students test positive for COVID-19

Accra Girls SHS administration block. Photo credit: Facebook.
Source: Facebook

This is contained in a report sighted by Legit.ng on Citinewsroom.com.

The students' return to school was following President Akufo-Addo's order that all final year students at various levels should go back to school.

Thus, all form three students of both Junior and Senior High Schools have gone back. Also, level 400 students of the university were also made to go back.

The president explained that this is to ensure they write their final year examination. He said plans had been put in place to ensure that both teachers, lecturers, and students were safe. Among the measures taken is the distribution of veronica buckets, nose mask, and others.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that just minutes before dying, a 26-year-old coronavirus patient documented his last moments in a selfie video he sent to his father on Friday night, June 26.

The video showed him saying that he could not breathe as the ventilator was taken off him by doctors. By Sunday, June 28, the video had become a massive sensation online.

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news

In the clip, the man also accused health officials of earlier ignoring his call for oxygen for three hours. The deceased’s dad did the final rites for his son on Saturday, June 27.

“They have removed ventilator… My heart has stopped and only lungs are working, but I am unable to breathe, daddy. Bye daddy, bye all, bye daddy,” he said.

The hospital, however, dismissed the allegation the deceased made, saying that he was at a very medically bad state that he could not sense the supply of oxygen being given to him.

How Nigeria's Covid-19 cases rose from 7000 to over 20,000 in one month | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel