Patrick Mahomes sent the world into shivers after becoming the first sportsman to sign a half-billion-dollar deal.
The quarterback has agreed a new 10-year contract extension with NFL outfit Kansas City Chiefs having initially joined them in 2017.
According to Sky News, the deal is valued around $450 million but could rise to about $503 million before the deal runs out in 2031.
The 24-year-old said on his social media platform "here to stay" after the announcement of the deal earlier this week.
Breaking it down further, ESPN reveals that the extension includes a $140 million injury guarantee, as well as a no-trade clause.
It also includes the ability for Mahomes to have outs if certain "guaranteed mechanisms" aren't exercised, a source told Schefter.
The quarterback's representatives Steinberg Sports agency also congratulated their clients on Twitter, saying: "Congrats to @PatrickMahomes on agreeing to terms on a 10-year extension worth $503 Million."
"He gets $477m (£382m) in guarantee mechanisms and the ability to have outs if guarantee mechanisms aren't exercised. No trade clause. First half billion-dollar player in sports history. History made."
The 24-year-old was the NFL's Most Valuable Player in 2018 and inspired his side to a Super Bowl championship last season.
Meanwhile, the Chief's CEO Clark Hunt had predicted the quarterback would be with the team long-term prior to the monumental win in February.
Mr Hunt said before the Super Bowl: "There will be a right time sometime in the next 12 to 15 months to extend Patrick, and when I say right time, I mean right time for both the player and the club.
"I don't want to say necessarily it has to be this off-season, but I will say that it's a priority to get him done. I hope Patrick is here for his entire career, and that's going to be our goal."
Mahomes' deal surpasses the 12-year $426.5m (£341m) contract signed by Los Angeles Angels outfielder Mike Trout in March of 2019.
Mahomes has a 24-7 record in his first 31 games with the Chiefs and has completed 76 passes which have led to a touchdown.
Legit.ng earlier reported that Cristiano Ronaldo has been raking in millions despite the economic crisis as a result of the global pandemic.
The Juventus striker has now become the first football player to hit the $1billion mark and achievement envisaged a few weeks back.
According to Forbes, the 35-year-old earned a staggering $105m from June 1, 2019, to June 1, 2020, to achieve the feat.
Rashidi Yekini is irreplaceable in Super Eagles – Abdul Sule | Legit TV