- Youths of Oduduwa group in the southwest region have commended President Muhammadu Buhari, the service chiefs and troops of the Nigerian military for their sustained efforts against terrorists
- The youths under the aegis of Oduduwa Youth Vanguard (OYV) said the successes recorded in the fight against insurgency is an indication of the sustained pressure against the terrorists
- According to the group, it is the coming of the current administration that fear fizzled out as the military was able to kill a vast number of terrorists
The Oduduwa Youth Vanguard (OYV) has commended President Muhammadu Buhari and the Nigerian service chiefs for putting the heat on Boko Haram terrorists operating in the northeast region of the country.
The youths said that the Nigerian army under the administration of President Buhari has subdued the terrorists in such a way that they are not able to operate beyond a tiny fringe in the Lake Chad region.
President of the OYV, Emmanuel Abe, while speaking in Abuja on Friday, July 3, said appraised the success of the war against terrorism and banditry in Nigeria.
Abe said the successes recorded in the fight against insurgency is an indication of the sustained pressure against the terrorists.
He said anyone with a good understanding of military warfare would confirm that such tactics as deployed by the Boko Haram now are used by the losing side in a war as a means of propaganda.
He said it was later he began to see the strategic planning the chiefs were brought into the war which has tilted the scale against the terrorists.
He explained that it is the coming of the current administration that the fear fizzled out as the military was able to kill a vast number of terrorists.
He said the insurgents who survived went into hiding in Chad until they had problems there and were flushed out by the Chadian government.
"Since then, the Boko Haram terrorists have remained subdued and life is going on as usual in the Southwest except for crime which is being handled by the police," he said.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the Nigerian military on Thursday, July 2, released a video of a Nigerian air force jet destroying a Boko Haram base.
It was gathered that troops of Operation Lafiya Dole dealt a massive blow on the terrorist at their meeting base in Borno state.
In the video shared by the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) on Friday, July 3, terror was unleashed on the insurgents' base located at Mainyakare area of Sambisa forest by NAF fighter jets.
Also, troops of Operation Whirl Stroke recovered large quantities of arms and ammunition from fleeing bandits in Odejo and Odogoke communities of Agatu local government area of Benue state.
Brigadier General Bernard Onyeuko, the acting director of defence media operation, said the recovery was made during a 'deadly clash' between men of the Nigerian army and bandits in the two settlements.
He said several bandits were apprehended while many fled the gun scenes living behind their ammunition.
5 years after, Nigerians speak about Buhari's administration | Legit TV