Governor Yahaya Bello sacks senior security aide

Governor Yahaya Bello sacks senior security aide

- Governor Bello has made some key appointments

- The Kogi governor also sacked his senior aide on security in charge of Kabba Bunu LGA, Ayo Ariyo

- Ariyo was immediately replaced with Olorunleke Moses

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The governor of Kogi state, Yahaya Bello, has sacked his senior special assistant on security in charge of Kabba Bunu local government area, Ayo Ariyo.

PM News reports that the governor also immediately replaced Ariyo with Olorunleke Moses.

Before his latest appointment, Moses was the senior special assistant to the governor on political matters, Kabba/Ijumu Federal Constituency.

Governor Yahaya Bello sacks senior security aide

Governor Yahaya Bello sacks senior security aide. Photo credit: The Cable
Source: UGC

Legit.ng gathers he was also the immediate past administrator of Kabba/Bunu local government.

Adeyemi Olabode John has also been appointed to take over as the senior special assistant to the governor on political matters, Kabba/Iju.

Governor Bello also appointed Mohmoh Abdul Lasisi as personal assistant to replace the late Hon. Suleiman Abdulateef Adinoyi.

Alleged N2bn agric loan scam: Court restrains Ebonyi govt from probing former SSG

The sacking of the aide and the new appointments were announced Thursday night, July 2, by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Folashade Ayoade Arike.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

In another report, the Kogi state governor on Thursday, July 2, accused Nigerian politicians of using the COVID-19 pandemic as an avenue to play games with the lives of citizens in the country.

He also said COVID-19 is not a new disease.

The governor made the accusation when speaking with members of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Sir Amadu Bello Memorial Foundation, who paid him a courtesy.

Bello who said Nigerians were suffering, faulted the logic of imposing lockdown when such measures could cause hardship on the people.

He said Nigeria could take advantage of the pandemic to provide employment opportunities like manufacturing clothes face masks for exports to countries that have the disease.

Senate president Lawan, others visit Orji Kalu after release from Kuje prison (photos)

The governor, who also said Covid-19 is not a new disease, stated that Nigeria has a way of treating it.

He argued that rather than making people go through hardships, Nigeria should exploit its own ways of treating the disease.

Meanwhile, doctors, nurses and other health workers at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Lokoja, Kogi state on Wednesday, July 1 embarked on an indefinite strike.

The move followed an attack on the facility by suspected political thugs just before journalists were addressed.

A statement by the workers said the action was necessitated by the prevailing insecurity, foisted on the centre by the attackers, who they alleged, were sponsored.

The statement was signed by representatives of the Association of Resident Doctors, Joint Health Workers Union (JOHESU), Senior Staff Association, Medical Health Workers Union of Nigeria and National Association of Nurses and Midwives.

The union leaders alleged that aside the attack on workers, all the vital equipment needed for their day-to-day work had been carted away by the hoodlums.

Opposition party in Oyo clashes with Makinde, accuses state governor of hijacking Ajimobi's projects

The union leaders said the administrative block of the hospital was completely vandalised by the armed thugs, who, they said, came in unmarked buses.

According to them, the workers will stay off work until the security of lives and property at the hospital is guaranteed.

Many Nigerians still don't believe Coronavirus exists - NOA DG | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel