- Nigeria's president, Muhammadu Buhari has received an award presented to him by the N-Power Beneficiaries Forum
- The award was given to the president on Tuesday, June 30 in Abuja as recognition for his effort in ensuring Nigerian youth gain employment
- The minister of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development, Sadiya Farouq, also received an award of Woman of the Masses
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, June 30, bagged the 'Masses President of Africa' award at the N- Power Nationwide Beneficiaries Forum.
The award was bestowed on the president on behalf of the 500,000 N-Power beneficiaries under the Batch A and B stream of 2016 and 2018 respectively.
The N-Power scheme was inaugurated by President Buhari in 2016 under the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP).
The scheme is saddled with the mandate of lifting citizens out of poverty through capacity building, investment, and direct support.
Also, an award of 'Woman of the Masses' was given to the minister of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development, Sadiya Farouq.
According to the forum, the award was given to both the president and the minister as special recognition for their efforts towards ameliorating the challenges faced by Nigerian youths.
Speaking at a press conference in Abuja, the secretary-general of the forum, Ibekwe Goodluck said the pair is worthy of adulation for uplifting the living standard of the masses in Nigeria.
On its choice of the president, Goodluck said the N-Power programme will go down as one of this administration's groundbreaking achievements and policies that has touched the lives of the ordinary citizens regardless of religion, ethnicity or gender.
He also expressed gratitude to the president for the opportunity to benefit from Batch A and Batch B and equally the activation of a new phase for more Nigerian youths to benefit under batch C.
Goodluck said it is a thing of joy for the N-Power Nationwide Beneficiaries Forum for the success of the programme which started in 2016 with many of beneficiaries across the critical industries.
He said the N-Power scheme has remained one of the best policies of the present administration because it has directly touched the lives of the ordinary citizens who dot the nook and cranny of Nigeria, regardless of religion, ethnicity or gender.
The forum further applauded Hajiya Farouq for rejigging the N-Power initiative to accommodate more youths under the Batch C stream.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that following an outcry on the delay of payments by beneficiaries of the N-Power, the minister had said that stipends of N-Power beneficiaries for the month of April have been paid.
Farouq said the payments were made to N-Power beneficiaries from batch A and B after delays from the GIFMIS platform were rectified.
Also, Nigeria's minister of state for labour and employment, Festus Keyamo, has alleged that federal lawmakers are being greedy over proposed allocation of slots for employment in Nigeria.
Keyamo said members of National Assembly committee on employment want more than 15% of the 774,000 jobs proposed by the FG already allocated to them.
He said the lawmakers insist on getting more slots at the expense of Nigerian youths.
In other news, the federal government announced the enrolment for the new batch of N-Power beneficiaries would commence on Friday, June 26.
A statement issued by the deputy director (information) of the federal ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development, Rhoda Iliya, said that Batch A will exit on June 30 while Batch B will exit the programme on July 31.
Market Survey: The market is dry, everyone is broke - Market women | Legit TV