- Chelsea fans are not pleased with their club over the new design of their jersey
- The strip is an all-round blue top with black tappings around the neck and the sleeve
- Frank Lampard's men have maintained a 100 percent record since the return of football last month
Chelsea supporters appear to be unsatisfied with the club's new home kit designed by Nike for the 2020-21 season.
Frank Lampard's men will wear an all-round blue strip with black tapes on the neck and arms with a big logo of their new sponsors crested on the jersey. The jersey looks similar to that of Everton.
According to The Mirror, the design was motivated by the traditional craft of London tailoring’ with a herringbone-knit pattern. And the jersey is expected to go on sale from July 9.
The strip has already been released with the hashtags #ItsAChelseaThing and #ThePrideOfLondon.
One of the fans said: “Worst kit in Chelsea history.” and another of their supporters added: “That logo is embarrassing! Hope we are getting a lot of money.”
A third continued: “Worst kit ever made.” With a fourth saying: “Ugly, I won't be buying this season I guess.”
While some were bashing the design, others felt satisfied with the blues strip and made reference to some of the new players who will don the jersey.
One follower said: “I was first against the logo, but now it actually looks good.” Another added: “Can't wait to purchase mine. The jersey looks good on Pulisic.”
And a third saying: “All people who says that the kit is awful, bad, etc.. I just say change your eyes please, this kit was much better than the last year.”
Meanwhile, this will be the fifth season Nike will be designing Chelsea's top and the first in their new partnership with British telecommunications and internet service Three UK.
Dave Dyson, CEO of Three UK, said back in January: “Chelsea FC is a great match for Three – we share the same values and are both playing to win.
“This partnership is a great way to kick off 2020, when we are building the UK’s fastest 5G network and Chelsea are building the best team.”
Legit.ng earlier reported that Inter Milan appear to have secured a contract extension for Nigerian football star Victor Moses until the end of the ongoing season.
The 29-year-old's current deal was due at the end of this month after joining the Serie A side on a six months loan move from Chelsea in January.
However, the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic meant the season was prolonged and they have now reached a deal to keep the winger for another two months.
Rashidi Yekini is irreplaceable in Super Eagles – Abdul Sule | Legit TV