3 out of every 5 Nigerians who die from COVID-19 are over 50 years old - NCDC

3 out of every 5 Nigerians who die from COVID-19 are over 50 years old - NCDC

- The NCDC has listed three key precautions to ensure elderly Nigerians are prevented from contracting Covid-19

- This is as the agency's data shows that three out of every five Nigerians who die from Covid-19 are more than 50 years old

- Nigeria currently has 573 death from 25,133 confirmed Covid-19 cases, one of the highest in Africa

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

As the Covid-19 death toll in the country increases on a daily basis, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has issued a directive to slow down the casualty figure.

Nigeria currently has 573 death from 25,133 confirmed Covid-19 cases, one of the highest in Africa. According to the NCDC, three out of every five Nigerians who die from Covid-19 are more than 50 years old.

To reduce the death rate, the NCDC advised Nigerians to take precautions to ensure elderly people in the country are protected. These include:

If you have fever, it’s more likely due to malaria than COVID-19 - PTF coordinator says, begs private hospitals not to reject patients of other diseases

1. Wearing a face mask in public

2. Practising hand/respiratory hygiene

3. Maintaining a physical distance of two metres from others.

3 out of every 5 Nigerians who die from COVID-19 are over 50 years old - NCDC

NCDC says 3 out of every 5 Nigerians who die from COVID-19 are over 50 years old. Photo credit: NCDC
Source: Twitter

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 has disclosed that the coronavirus mortality rate in Nigerian is low, compared other countries, because most of those infected by the virus in the country fall within the age bracket of 31 to 40 years.

The chairman of the task force, Boss Mustapha, on Monday, June 29, said those who fall within the age bracket of 31 to 40 years mostly show mild symptoms and not take ill severely.

He made the disclosure shortly after he emerged from a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the presidential villa.

Mustapha stated that Nigerians must be thankful to God that the COVID-19 death rate is low when compared to other countries.

Official reveals what happened to 20 out of 37 health workers that tested positive for COVID-19 in the state

He stated that it was surprising that Nigeria was having a low COVID-19 mortality rate when compared to South American countries like Brazil that have the same climatic conditions.

Also, the demographic data from the disease control agency, NCDC, shows that 66% of the coronavirus patients in the country are male while the remaining 34% are female.

Many Nigerians still don't believe Coronavirus exists - NOA DG | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel