- Faiq Bolkiah joined Leicester City in 2016 but has not made any appearance
- The 22-year-old is a nephew to Brunei Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah
- Faiq has emerged the richest active footballer in the world ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo
A list of the world's richest active footballer has emerged and Leicester City’s Faiq Bolkiah is way ahead of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
According to Spanish outlet Marca, citing Blog Finance FR, neither the Argentine captain nor his Portuguese rival is the richest active footballer.
Faiq who is a nephew to Brunei Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah is yet to feature for the Foxes at the senior level but he is worth a staggering $20bn.
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
Although the 22-year-old’s earnings from football was not mentioned in the report, he was however placed ahead of Messi and Ronaldo in the top ten richest active footballers in the world list.
Ronaldo beats six-time Ballon d'Or winner Messi to second place and holds an estimated $460m to his name.
Below are the 10 richest active footballers in the world, according to Blog Finance FR.
10. Paul Pogba $85m - Manchester United
9. Eden Hazard $100m - Real Madrid
8. Andres Iniesta $120m - Vissel Kobe
7. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid): $125m
6. Wayne Rooney $160m - Derby County
5. Neymar $185m - Paris Saint Germain
4. Zlatan Ibrahimovic $190m - AC Milan
3. Lionel Messi $400m - Barcelona
2. Cristiano Ronaldo $460m - Juventus
1. Faiq Bolkiah - Leicester City $20bn
Meanwhile, Cristiano Ronaldo has been raking in millions despite the economic crisis as a result of the global pandemic.
The Juventus striker has now become the first football player to hit the $1billion mark and achievement envisaged a few weeks back.
According to Forbes, the 35-year-old earned a staggering $105m from June 1, 2019, to June 1, 2020 to achieve the feat.
However, Ronaldo earnings is second to tennis legend and multiple Grand Slam winner Roger Federer.
And the Portuguese icon is the third sportsman to hit the $1bn mark after golf ace Tiger Woods and undefeated boxing legend Floyd Mayweather.
However, Legit.ng earlier reported that Paris Saint Germain star Kylian Mbappe who is on £325,000-per-week deal at the French club is top of the list of ten highest paid under-21 players in Europe, according to a compilation by Sports Bible.
Ahead of the transfer window billed to open in about two months, many of the youngsters will be linked with several big clubs, mostly in Europe.
In the latest compilation, Englishmen Jadon Sancho and Callum Hudson-Odoi are also rated among the top ten highest paid youth.
What I plan to do to Oliseh - Vincent Enyeama | Legit TV