I never accepted $2m to step down for Obaseki - Imansuangbon

I never accepted $2m to step down for Obaseki - Imansuangbon

- There are claims that an Edo PDP aspirant, Kenneth Imansuangbon, has accepted the sum of $2 million so as to step down for Governor Godwin Obaseki

- However, Imansuangbon has described such reports as false and unfounded

- The PDP aspirant claimed that the rumours are propagated by loyalists of the governor out of fears because of his popularity

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

A notable aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo, Kenneth Imansuangbon, has reacted to claims that he accepted $2 million from Governor Godwin Obaseki to step down for him.

In his response, Imansuangbon said that such reports are false and that he did not receive a dime from Governor Obaseki, The Sun reports.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Ize-Iyamu betrayed us as consensus candidate - Ogiemwonyi

The PDP aspirant said that he is very much in the governorship race, adding that there is no plan to step down for anyone either now or in the future.

He claimed that such rumours are spread by Obaseki's camp because the governor is aware that he is popular to the delegates who will take part in the voting process for the gubernatorial primary.

I never accepted $2m to step down for Obaseki - Imansuangbon

Kenneth Imansuangbon, an Edo PDP governorship aspirant
Source: UGC

The aspirant boasted: "The governor knows I am popular with the delegates and he is doing everything possible to change this.

"For the sake of emphasis, I have not and will not consider accepting any money for me to step down from the race for the PDP ticket."

Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had raised an eyebrow against conflicting court verdicts and litigations that had characterised the pre-governorship election in Edo state.

Speaking on Tuesday, June 23, ahead of the poll slated for September, INEC commissioner, Festus Okoye, said the lawsuits and ploys are capable of disrupting the smooth conduct of the election and the parties' primaries.

Edo 2020: Why I visited Tinubu in Lagos - Obaseki opens up

Okoye spoke on the heels of the Edo high court's injunction which restrained the PDP from disqualifying aspirants after another court sitting in Port Harcourt gave a contrary verdict on PDP primary.

The commissioner also noted that INEC had been following the issues preluding the primaries in Edo state and disclosed that the conduct of party primaries including resolution of disputes would end on June 27, 2020.

Like Obaseki, Like Ambode: 3 Governors who fell out with their political godfather | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel