FG says more COVID-19 related deaths likely to occur in Nigeria

FG says more COVID-19 related deaths likely to occur in Nigeria

- The Nigerian government has said COVID-19 deaths in the country are likely to increase due to the increase in the number of cases

- The minister of health, Osagie Ehanire, made the disclosure during the briefing of the presidential task force on COVID-19

- Ehanire advised people with pre-existing health conditions to take extra protective measures against the disease

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed

The Nigerian government has said COVID-19 related deaths in the country are likely to increase due to the increase in the number of cases.

The minister of health, Osagie Ehanire, made the disclosure on Thursday, June 18, during the briefing of the presidential task force on COVID-19, Daily Trust reported.

Why Nigerians should expect more COVID-19 deaths - FG

Why Nigerians should expect more COVID-19 deaths - FG
Source: UGC

He, however, advised people who are over 50 years of age or have pre-existing health conditions to take extra efforts to be protected from the disease.

If you have fever, it’s more likely due to malaria than COVID-19 - PTF coordinator says, begs private hospitals not to reject patients of other diseases

The minister said persons with pre-existing health conditions should limit their risks of exposure to COVID-19 infection by staying at home.

He said if such persons need to go out for any reason, they should wear a face mask or a covering at any time.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Meanwhile, the federal government has warned Nigerians that they are more likely to contract coronavirus now than ever before.

This was stated by the national coordinator of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Sani Aliyu at a press briefing on Thursday, June 18.

He said due to the expanding rate of community infections in the country, more Nigerian are at risk of contracting the virus.

“Now, more than ever before. If you go out, you are more likely to get COVID-19 than before. You’re at risk of acquiring COVID-19, because of the numbers we have now is more than three, four weeks ago when we had the lockdown,” he said.

NCDC gives shocking revelation on source of 75% of Nigeria’s coronavirus cases

Similarly, Boss Mustapha, leader of the PTF, stated that the COVID-19 virus “is still much around and real.”

He said the relaxed lockdown should not be misinterpreted to mean the pandemic is over Experts had earlier warned that people are not adhering to safety measures, saying more cases should be expected.

Still on health news, as COVID-19 cases around the world continue to rise, the federal government has intensified the evacuation of Nigerians abroad. Fifteen Nigerians in France, Germany, Belgium, Holland and Estonia are currently being evacuated.

The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM), which made the disclosure on Thursday, June 18, said Air France flight departed Paris to evacuate the Nigerians.

According to NIDCOM, those that are being evacuated registered for the evacuation with the Nigerian Missions in France, Germany, Belgium, Holland and Estonia.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Coronavirus: Good news as 11 COVID-19 patients get discharged in Abuja

Many Nigerians still don't believe Coronavirus exists - NOA DG | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel