Swiss authorities search for the owner of N74m gold bars left in a train

Swiss authorities search for the owner of N74m gold bars left in a train

- The question by the Swiss authorities which has been left unanswered is: who owns the packed gold bars left in a train since October 2019?

- The puzzle remains unbroken because the owner of the package is yet to show up eight months after it was found

- The country's government has made some efforts including publishing in some newspapers and urging the owner to come for it

- Some officials of the country's government explained that the owner has five years to make a claim or forfeit it

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The government of Switzerland has launched a search for a forgetful individual who left behind N74,013,302.08 gold bars on a train in October 2019.

The package loaded with the gold bars was discovered in the carriage of a Swiss Federal Railways (SBB) train traveling from the northeastern Swiss town of St Gallen to Lucerne.

Read also

Police confirm arrest of Bobrisky, reveal businesswoman petitioned him for alleged N30m fraud

Swiss authorities in search for owner of KSh 20.3M gold bars left in train
Photo of gold bars. The gold package left in the train is reported to be worth KSh 20.3 million. Photo: UGC
Source: UGC

In a statement by the authorities published in local government Lucerne Canton gazette, despite "extensive investigations," the owner of the high-value package had not been tracked down, as reported by CNN.

After authorities failed to track down the owner of the precious cargo, the gold bars, were confiscated by the public prosecutor's office.

The authorities then decided to publicize in local newspapers in a bid to find the mysterious owner of the gold.

Swiss authorities in search for owner of KSh 20.3M gold bars left in train
The owner is reported to have left the gold bars behind after alighting from a train. Photo: BBC
Source: Twitter

In a bulletin dated June 2, officials said the owner has five years to make a claim for the treasure.

A spokesperson for the prosecutor's office said several inquiries had been made about the gold and were being checked but failed to give details about the nature of the checks which were given.

It is also unclear how authorities will verify the claims of anyone who comes forward to say the gold is theirs.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported how a Nigerian in the US and publisher, Taiye Olayemi, revealed how the American government has been taking care of them during the lockdown.

Read also

Abia government reveals identity of runaway COVID-19 patient

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

In an interview with the Legit TV video team, he said that the govt gave them $1200 (N468,168.00) as palliative so that they do not go hungry during the pandemic.

Apart from that, he said the US government has been working hard investing in the country's food bank.

5 tips to make your android phone work faster | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel