- The Nigerian Army recently reacted to the latest Boko Haram and banditry attacks in the north
- The military expressed deep sadness by the unfortunate incidents that claimed the lives of several people
- Many lives have been lost to attacks across northern states in renewed attacks carried out by insurgents and unknown bandits
The Nigerian Army has reacted to the renewed attacks carried out by Boko Haram insurgents and unknown bandits in the northwestern and northeastern parts of the country.
According to PR Nigeria, the army expressed deep sadness over the most recent attack that claimed the lives of innocent women and children in Faduma Koloram village in Gubio local government area.
The Nigerian military in reaction to the attacks drafted a large contingent of personnel in the area to track and apprehend or neutralize the perpetrators of the unfortunate incident.
Colonel Sagir Musa, the acting director army public relations who disclosed this development added that Theatre Command, Operation LAFIYA DOLE has also been mandated to enhance security in the area.
The troops are to reassure the affected communities of the Nigerian Army’s commitment to protecting the people.
Speaking on banditry incidents across Katsina, Sokoto, and Zamfara states, the Nigerian Army sympathized with fellow Nigerians on these unfortunate attacks
The military reassured residents of their unrelenting effort to rid the states of any and all remnants of these criminal elements.
As more troops are being mobilized the Nigerian Army in conjunction with the Nigerian Air Force, the affected States governments, and other security agencies will make efforts to clear all known bandits hideouts in those states.
While reiterating its commitment to investigate the circumstances of these attacks, the army assured the people that the heinous crimes will not go unpunished.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that villagers numbering over 70 have been killed by men suspected to be Boko Haram insurgents on Tuesday afternoon, June 9, during a fresh attack in Borno state.
The attack, which was carried out in Faduma Koloram village in Gubio local government area of Borno, was said to have been unleashed on helpless locals around 12pm.
Credible sources told multiple media that the attackers also killed over 300 cows and rustled nearly 1000.
They accused the villagers of spying on them before torching every household, leaving the village in ruins as locals who managed to escape the onslaught returned in tears with their loved one soaked in blood.
In a related development, Bandits have been warned by President Muhammadu Buhari to surrender their weapons or face “disgraceful and violent end’’.
The warning came at a meeting the president had with Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina state at the State House on Thursday, June 4.
In a statement by Garba Shehu, presidential spokesman, Buhari also commiserated with Masari over the loss of lives in the attacks.
Buhari should put an end to banditry, unrest in Zamfara - Nigerians cry | Legit TV