- The final funeral service for George Floyd was held at The Fountain of Praise Church hours before his burial in Houston, US
- Numerous celebrities attended the service and presidential candidate Joe Biden spoke at the event via video conference
- Floyd’s death in police custody in Minneapolis last month sparked historic anti-racism protests across the US and caused global outrage
- The African-American died of asphyxiation minutes after a white police office knelt on his neck during an arrest
The funeral service for George Floyd was held in Houston, Texas, at The Fountain of Praise Church on Tuesday, June 9, the city that he called home.
Thousands of mourners including family members, long time friends and celebrities came to pay their last respect even as protests went on in several other areas.
1. The African-American died of asphyxiation minutes after a white police office knelt on his neck during an arrest.
2. The family members were in all white during the event.
READ ALSO: A woman's behaviour dictates whether a man becomes a player - Diamond Platnumz
3. Renowned actor and singer Jamie Foxx graced the funeral service to pay his final respect.
4. A painting depicting Floyd was done right there at the pulpit as a singer performed.
5. Floyd's niece, Brooke Williams, delivered a passionate speech at his funeral.
6. The pallbearers were all in black and mostly consisted of his close friends and former associates.
7. Floyd's baby mama and young daughter who is famed for saying, "daddy changed the world," were also in attendance.
8. The casket carrying the body of the late Floyd was placed in front of the church.
9. Reverend Al Sharpton, a civil rights activist, attended and spoke at Floyd's funeral service.
10. Thousands of people came out to watch the motorcade leading to Floyd's final resting place.
11. Many still demanded justice for his killing in police custody in Minneapolis last month.
12. The hearse that carried the body of the late Floyd.
13. The center page of Floyd's eulogy.
14. Four police officers involved have been sacked and charged over his death.
15. Singer Ne-Yo attended the event and sang emotionally in honour of the deceased.
Legit.ng previously reported that the life of George Floyd has been remembered by Los Angeles Archbishop José H Gomez during a live-streamed Mass in his cathedral.
Condemning racism in America, Gomez prayed for the soul of the 46-year-old black man who was killed by a white policeman in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
George Floyd: I was also arrested, handcuffed wrongly - Nigerian in Minneapolis | Legit TV