Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo, better known by his stage name D'banj, is one Nigerian musician and entertainer who has rocked the Nigerian music scene for over a decade and counting.
From making hits to building a brand for himself, D'banj has proven to many that he is unstoppable. The singer who recently turned 40 has remained one of the most celebrated entertainers to ever come out of Nigeria.
As fans of the music stars celebrate him on his 40th birthday, here are 8 interesting facts about the singer most people may not know:
1. D’banj was born in Zaria, Kaduna state, Nigeria to a military officer who commanded an artillery regiment and a church dignitary mother who hailed from Shagamu in Ogun state.
2. D'banj has been signed to the following labels; DB Records, Mercury Records, GOOD Music, Sony Music Entertainment, ROCKSTAR4000 and RCA.
PAY ATTENTION: Do you have news to share? Contact Legit.ng instantly
3. Following the death of his elder brother, Femi Oyebanjo who tragically died in a plane crash at 17, D’Banj picked up the” Harmonica” at age 14, an instrument introduced to him by his brother.
4. He used to be the 'mouth organist' for the JJC and 419 Squad.
5. D'banj's first major performance was a 15 minutes set at the 2004 edition of the Nigerian Independence day concert in London.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News on Legit.ng News App
6. D’Banj has worked with Snoop Dogg, Kanye, Jay Z, Kid Cudi, LA Reid, Tinie Tempah, Idris Alba, Gucci Mane among others.
7. D'banj's wife, Lineo Didi Kilgrow, is the stepsister of Samantha Walsh, the host of MTV's Big Friday show.
8. In 2011, D’banj signed to Kanye West’s G.O.O.D Music and also released ‘Oliver Twist’ which peaked at number 9 on the UK iTunes chart, also reaching #2 on the UK R&B chart.
The movie star known for vivacious lifestyle, took to her Instagram account to share a series of stunning portrait shots of herself.
D’banj prays a lot – Label signee Cheekychizzy | Legit TV