Nigerian doctors to begin nationwide strike June 15

Nigerian doctors to begin nationwide strike June 15

- Nigerians doctors will embark on a nationwide strike from June 15

- According to medical practitioners, the government is responsible for the strike action

- As a result of this, the doctors urged Nigerians to find an alternative arrangement for their loved ones in hospitals

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Despite the carnage being wrecked by the novel coronavirus pandemic, Nigerian doctors under the umbrella of the National Association of Resident Doctors will on Monday, June 15, commence a nationwide strike.

This was disclosed by Dr Aliyu Sokomba, national president of NARD, Sahara Reporters reports.

According to him, the association took the painful decision following the inability of the government to meet its demands.

Nigerian doctors to begin nationwide strike June 15

As a result of this, the doctors urged Nigerians to find an alternative arrangement for their loved ones in hospitals. Credit: Twitter
Source: Depositphotos

“It is important that you make alternative arrangements for the care of the patients as the strike shall be total and indefinite. No service of any kind, be it emergency, care at COVID-19 isolation and treatment centres shall be exempted. We sympathize with the patients and Nigerian populace," he said.

Retention of military chiefs is a disservice to Nigeria - Group tells Buhari

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that the index case of Covid-19 was confirmed in Lagos, Nigeria on Thursday, February 27. A few months after, the virus has spread to 35 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

Also, Nigeria has the third-highest Covid-19 cases in Africa, trailing South Africa and Egypt. Despite all these figures, many Nigerians appear not to believe that Covid-19 is real, according to an online poll by Legit.ng.

"What do you think as Nigeria hit 10,000 confirmed coronavirus cases, over 300 deaths but some people say it is not real?" Legit.ng asked in the Facebook poll.

Over 4,000 people participated in the poll: the majority, 62%, claimed the virus is not real while the remaining 38% said it is real.

The result is, however, a little different on the same poll question on Twitter: 40% of the respondents believe the virus is real while 32% said it is not.

Covid-19: Doctors issue 14-day ultimatum to Ondo state government

A look at the comments posted by the respondents could give an insight to why many still believe the virus is not real, despite the number of infections and deaths confirmed so far.

Akande Maywiam Olaosebikan said: " 2weeks ago my uncle had malaria and was taken to hospital when he was discharged what was written on d report was "discharge of covid19" so we took it upon d hospital they apologized and said it was a mix up.. somebody dat didn't even use up to 3days in d hospital b4 he was discharged... Ati gbon."

COVID-19: Parents speak on allowing their children return to school | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng News

Online view pixel