Disaster averted as fire hits Presidential Villa

Disaster averted as fire hits Presidential Villa

- Tragedy was prevented when a fire outbreak hit the Presidential Villa, on Thursday, June 4

- The minor fire was reported to be have been caused by an electrical spark at a store near the State House Chapel

- The incident was also confirmed by presidential spokesperson Mallam Garba Shehu

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed

What could have boomeranged into tragedy was thankfully averted when a fire outbreak hit the Presidential Villa in Abuja on Thursday, June 4.

According to Daily Trust, Mallam Garba Shehu, the senior special assistant to the president on media and publicity, confirming the fire incident described the situation as minor.

The presidential aide said the incident was caused by an electrical spark in the afternoon at a store near the State House Chapel in the Presidential Villa.

In another report by Leadership, Aso Rock would have been razed to the ground had it not been for the timely intervention of vigilant members of staff on the premises, Shehu said.

Buhari, PTF delegation meet as Nigeria inches closer to 10,000 COVID-19 cases
Disaster averted as fire hits Presidential Villa

Disaster was averted as a minor fire outbreak hit the Presidential Villa on Thursday, June 4
Source: Depositphotos

He said that the minor fire incident was brought under control by vigilant staff using fire extinguishers, adding that there was no report of injury or damage.

“The incident, linked to an electrical spark, was immediately brought under control by alert staff using available fire extinguishers well ahead of the arrival of the Federal Fire Service trucks stationed just outside the premises. Luckily, no injury or serious damage was recorded,” the presidential spokesman said.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that a section of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) complex in Abuja was gutted by fire.

The director of publicity and voter education of the INEC, Oluwole Osaze-Uzzi, confirmed the incident on Friday, April 17.

Legit.ng gathered that he said the fire only affected the office of the director of the election and party monitoring in the building.

Coronavirus: Good news as 11 COVID-19 patients get discharged in Abuja

He said: ”Yes, there was a fire incident. Fortunately, we have a fire unit in the office. It was put out. Some equipment and correspondence were affected. But no sensitive material was affected.”

In other news, President Muhammadu Buhari expressed sadness over the fire incident that killed at least 14 people at an Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camp in Borno state.

It was reported that the incident, which occurred on the evening of Thursday, April 16, in Ngala local government area of the state, also left many others injured. The circumstances that led to the inferno have yet to be ascertained.

The casualty figure was confirmed by presidential aide Garba Shehu in a statement. The president who mourned the victims ordered the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development to investigate the incident.

Lagos Fire: This outbreak has now become a yearly 'sacrifice' - traders lament| Legit TV

How minister ordered security agents to chase us from our Abuja office - Dabiri-Erewa

Source: Legit

Online view pixel