- Governor Sanwo-Olu has given a fresh update on interstate restriction
- The governor said on Thursday, June 4, that the governors of the southwest will take a joint decision on the interstate movement
- Sanwo-Olu said the state has been able to manage people coming from the Benin Republic
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos state on Thursday, June 4, gave a fresh update on the restriction on the interstate movement, especially in the southwest geo-political zone of the country.
Channel TV reports that Governor Sanwo-Olu said that the decision on when to lift the ban on interstate movement would be made by the governors of the southwest.
He said regulating inter-state movement is a joint effort, adding that the state has been able to manage people coming from the Benin Republic.
"Regulating inter-state movement is a joint effort. We have been able to manage people coming from the Benin Republic," he said.
Sanwo-Olu stated that the reason for isolation at home is to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic among the people.
According to him, the state government would start deploying about 500 BRT buses by next week, warning that compliance to safety guidelines is everyone's responsibility.
He said: "We would start deploying about 500 BRT buses by next week. Compliance to safety guidelines is everyone's responsibility.
"Our isolation centres are filling up. A large percent of our patients have mild symptoms of COVID-19. We don't have a backlog of samples to test."
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the Lagos government asked civil servants on grade level 13 and above to resume work on Monday, June 8.
It was reported that Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu disclosed this on Thursday, June 4, during a briefing at the Government House, Marina.
He said the resumption for the civil servants on Grade Level 1-12 would be put on hold till further notice.
The governor had said: “As regards public service, we are asking all of our officers on Grade Level 13 and 14 on the unified public service to resume work from Monday, June 8, 2020. We are still holding back from Grade Level 1 -12 till further notice.”
In another report, it was gathered that barely seventy-two hours after he declared that all religious activities remained banned, Governor Sanwo-Olu said that worship centres in the state would be allowed to reopen from June 19.
The governor said mosques are to reopen from Friday, June 19, while churches are to begin services from Sunday, June 21.
In a tweet by Gboyega Akosile, the chief press secretary to Governor Sanwo-Olu, the government said that children below age 15 would not be allowed into any religious centre.
COVID-19: Bishop Idahosa gives pastors palliatives | - on Legit TV