Kogi state government rejects NCDC’s 3rd COVID-19 case

Kogi state government rejects NCDC’s 3rd COVID-19 case

- The struggle between Kogi state government and the NCDC seems to have no end in sight

- The government has rejected the agency's report of a third case of coronavirus in the state

- The state's commissioner for health, Saka Haruna, said that the government is not aware of who this case is

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed

The report by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) that Kogi state has recorded a third case of coronavirus has been vehemently rejected by the government.

The NCDC's report was dismissed by Dr Saka Haruna, the Kogi state commissioner for health, The Nation reports.

Haruna on Thursday, June 4, made it clear that both the state government and the ministry know nothing about the alleged new case.

The commissioner said: “The purported new case: We are not aware of who the patient is, where and when the Test was conducted."

What Buhari should do to prevent explosion of coronavirus in Kogi - NMA
Kogi state government rejects NCDC’s 3rd COVID-19 case

The government has rejected the agency's report of a third case of coronavirus in the state
Source: UGC

Earlier, Legit.ng reported that there was an unfolding drama in Kogi as Governor Yahaya Bello-led government insisted that the north-central state was still free of coronavirus scourge despite fresh discovery.

Legit.ng noted that the state's utter denial coincided with the report by the NCDC announcing two cases in the state.

Haruna in a statement on Wednesday, May 27, said the state has conducted hundreds of Covid-19 tests out of which none came out positive.

He stressed that Kogi had a full testing capacity and any attempt to force the state to announce cases of coronavirus will be completely rejected.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

"Kogi state till this very moment is Covid-19 free. We have developed full testing capacity and have conducted hundreds of tests so far which have come back negative.

Cross River takes a swipe at federal government over COVID-19

“We have also continued to insist that we will not be a party to any fictitious COVID-19 claims which is why we do not recognise any COVID-19 test conducted by any Kogite outside the boundaries of the State except those initiated by us," Audu said.

The commissioner, however, assured the people of the state of maximum security from the scourge and enjoined them to take all the precautionary measures with utmost seriousness.

Coronavirus: 20% of people who came here tested positive - MoH | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel