- Cristiano Ronaldo has once again beaten Lionel Messi as the highest-earning footballer
- The Juventus striker is ranked higher than the Barcelona star who fell short due to the pandemic
- Neymar, Mohammed Salah and Kylian Mbappe complete the top five most paid players in 2020
Cristiano Ronaldo emerged the highest-paid footballer in 2020, and came the second in the overall earning sports celebrities after recording a £85.8million income, Forbes claim.
Lionel Messi came second among the footballers and third overall after with £83.4m income due to the pay cut during the global pandemic.
However, multiple Grand Slam winner Roger Federer is number one on the list of and became the first tennis star to move up to the top earners.
Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar followed his former teammate Barcelona Messi and he raked in £76.6m in endorsements and also helping his team win Ligue 1.
Mohamed Salah of Liverpool is next on the list after the Liverpool striker had a couple of endorsements totally up to £28.2m.
The Egyptian star is also poised to earn more endorsement deals when the Anfield giants finally lay their hands on the Premier League title.
High rising French star Kylian Mbappe got £27.1m in 2020 at the age of 21 and the World Cup winner has been linked with a summer move to Real Madrid to complete the top five.
Here is a list of top-earning footballers inn 2020, released by Forbes
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) - £85.8m
2. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) - £83.4m
3. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain) - £76.6m
4. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) - £28.2m
5. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain) - £27.1m
6. Andres Iniesta (Vissel Kobe) - £23.7m
7. Mesut Ozil (Arsenal) - £23m
8. Paul Pogba (Manchester United) - £22.8m
9. Oscar (Shanghai SIPG) - £22m
10. Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona) - £21.4m
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Eden Hazard could be on his way out of Real Madrid after just one season as Los Blancos are looking to make a sensational swap deal for Kylian Mbappe, reports claim.
According to Spanish news media outlet Diario Gol, the former Chelsea star who has endured an injury-plagued season is set to be put on the line for Paris Saint-Germain star Mbappe.
Reports claim the France international is not ready to leave the French who retained the Ligue 1 title and is ready to play another season at Parc Des Princes.
Okocha is Nigeria’s greatest player ever – Ahmed Musa | Legit TV