- The ministry of humanitarian affairs has asked agencies under it to send relief items to survivors of Sokoto bandit attack
- The request was made by Sadiya Umar Farouq, the minister of humanitarian affairs
- Sadiya condemned the attacks on innocent citizens in Sabon Birnin local government area of Sokoto state
Following the recent attacks by bandits in Sokoto state, the ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development has asked agencies under it to send relief items to survivors of the attack.
Sadiya Umar Farouq, the minister of humanitarian affairs in a statement asked the relevant agencies to collaborate in providing relief items to survivors of the attack, Daily Trust reports.
She condemned the attacks of innocent citizens in Sabon Birnin local government area of Sokoto in the strongest terms.
The minister commiserated with the victims of the attacks.
Meanwhile, as Nigeria battles security challenges, another tragedy has struck in Katsina state as unknown gunmen kill Abdulhamid Sani Ruma, the chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Batsari Local government of area in his village.
According to Daily Trust, Ruma was shot multiple times while in his village, Sabon Garin Dunburawa, to attend to some family matters on Sunday, May 31.
It was reported that the assailants who opened fire on the APC chairman came on a motorcycle from a forest.
The chairman was taken to Batsari General hospital where medical personnel confirmed him dead on arrival.
Mamman Yaro Batsari, the vice-chairman APC Katsina central zone, while confirming the incident said the killing of the chairman by has thrown the town into confusion.
Batsari went on to note that Ruma was in the village to help supervise the division of farmlands belonging to his late brother who was killed by bandits last year .
In another report, more Boko Haram terrorists have continued to surrender as troops of the Nigerian Army sustain offensive against the deadly terror groups, a statement by the Defence HQ indicates on Monday, June 1.
The statement added that the troops of Operation Lafiya Dole were inching closer to the final defeat of the insurgents as more terrorists surrender while others were being arrested or neutralised
Legit.ng gathered that two new terrorists have surrendered.
On Wednesday, May 24, a Boko Haram terrorist Malam Adamu Yahaya AKA Saad Karami surrendered reportedly to troops of 242 Battalion in Mongonu.
While a 35-year-old Muhammadu Kabudumi AKA Amir Sabat also surrendered to the troops 242 Battalion in Monguno.
Kabudumi was said to have confessed to joining the Boko Haram sect in 2015 but denied participating in any of the sects' operations.
COVID-19: FG kicks off school feeding programme in Abuja | Legit TV