- Troops of the Nigerian Army are inching closer to defeating Boko Haram as more terrorists are surrendering while others are being arrested or neutralised
- The Nigerian Army made this known while revealing the names of three terrorists who have just surrendered
- The troops in separate clearance operations also captured bandits and recovered deadly weapons
More Boko Haram terrorists have continued to surrender as troops of the Nigerian Army sustain offensive against the deadly terror groups, a statement by the Defence HQ indicates on Monday, June 1.
The statement adds that the troops of Operation Lafiya Dole are inching closer to the final defeat of the insurgents as more terrorists surrender while others are being arrested or neutralised.
The troops are also recovering or destroying deadly weapons being used by the terrorists.
Legit.ng gathers from the latest statement from the Nigeria' Armed Forces that two new terrorists have surrendered.
On Wednesday, May 24, a Boko Haram terrorist Malam Adamu Yahaya AKA Saad Karami surrendered to troops of 242 Battalion in Mongonu.
Similarly, a 35-year-old Muhammadu Kabudumi AKA Amir Sabat also surrendered to the troops 242 Battalion in Monguno.
Kabudumi confessed to joining the Boko Haram sect in 2015 but denied participating in any of the sects' operations.
On Friday, May 29, Muhammadu Abubakar AKA Babagana, a member of the Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP), surrendered to troops of 242 Battalion also in Mongonu, Borno state.
Interrogations revealed that Abubakar, 19-year-old, joined the group about a year ago.
While regretting his past actions, he called on his erstwhile colleagues to surrender to the troops of the Nigerian Army.
Meanwhile, the troops of Operation HADARIN DAJI also recovered some deadly weapons during their operation on Thursday, May 28, in Karama village.
Also, troops deployed in Ngala LGA of Borno state captured three bandits and recovered some deadly weapons.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the Centre for Social Justice, Equity and Transparency (CESJET) commended President Muhammadu Buhari and the Nigerian military troops for their efforts towards ending the war against insurgency in the last five years.
CESJET made this known in its five-year assessment report on President Buhari’s administration in the war against terrorism and the accompanying efforts of the Nigerian Army.
The centre said President Buhari has earned plaudits from Nigerians and the international community for dramatically halting the once growing spate of Boko Haram/ISWAP attacks in the country.
Buhari inducts combat helicopters to fight insurgency, says he won’t fail Nigerians | - on Legit TV