Maigari mourn victims of Sokoto bandit's attack, says banditry will end soon

Maigari mourn victims of Sokoto bandit's attack, says banditry will end soon

- The recent bandits' attack in Sokoto state is still generating reactions across the nation

- The minister of police affairs, Muhammad Maigari Dingyadi, has expressed dismay over the incident

- The minister, however, assures residents of the state that banditry will soon be a thing of the past

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The minister of police affairs, Muhammad Maigari Dingyadi, has expressed dismay over recent attacks in Sabon Birni local government area of Sokoto state, leading to loss of innocent lives.

In a statement sent to journalists on Friday, May 29 and signed by his press secretary, Osaigbovo Ehisienmen, the minister sent his condolences to the affected communities, the Sokoto government, people of the state and families of the victims.

He prayed that Almighty Allah grants them eternal rest.

Maigari mourn victims of Sokoto bandit's attack, says banditry will end soon

President Buhari had earlier commiserated with the families of the victims. Photo credit: Presidency
Source: Facebook

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

Over 270 killed in 20 deadly Sokoto attacks - Group alleges

He, however, assured the people of the state that the federal government remains committed to the ongoing security operation in the northwest, aimed at decimating all forms of criminalities in the region to emplace enduring peace, safety and security of lives and property.

He noted that the operation has yielded positive results in neutralizing the bandits from their hideouts and assures of greater synergy among security agencies, state governments as well as other stakeholders to sustain the ongoing war against violent crimes.

Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the military to totally crush bandits responsible for attacks on the people of Sokoto state.

The Nigerian president gave the order on Thursday, May 28, in a statement issued by his media aide, Garba Shehu.

Buhari described the recent attacks as tragic and unfortunate while assuring Nigerians that the federal government will protect them from attacks.

Totally crush them now - Buhari orders military operation on bandits

“We will not abandon you to your fate because we are determined to bring these mass murderers to their knees and crush them totally,” the president said.

He reassured Nigerians that his administration is determined to protect them from the killers who he described as psychopathic without human sympathy.

Meanwhile, following the recent spike in insecurity in Sokoto state, a coalition of Concerned Sokoto Citizens has called for urgent intervention, especially after the latest attack on Wednesday, May 27, left at least 70 people dead.

The group, angered by the recent attack, lamented that since January over 270 lives have been lost in 20 deadly attacks.

Professor Nasiru Gatawa speaking on behalf of the coalition said they were under siege and the government must take decisive action.

This is not normal – Vector speaks on ugly incidents in Southern Kaduna | Legit TV

Just in: Makinde speaks on whether Oyo state will lift ban on religious gathering or not ahead of Eid-l-Fitr

Source: Legit Nigeria

Mailfire view pixel