I never said those who didn't vote for Buhari should expect nothing - Keyamo

I never said those who didn't vote for Buhari should expect nothing - Keyamo

- Festus Keyamo has spotted fake news on his Twitter page

- The minister of state for labour and employment denied claims that he was threatening those who did not vote for the APC-led government

- Keyamo said that such a report is the work of mischief-makers in the country

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed

The minister of state for labour and employment, Festus Keyamo, has denied claims that he fabricated threats against those who are opposed to President Muhammadu Buhari.

On his Twitter page, Keyamo brought the notice of Nigerians to a statement (falsely attributed to him) to persons who did not vote for the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The statement claimed the SAN told Nigerians who did not support President Buhari during the last presidential election not to expect anything from him now.

Read the tweet below:

Read also

God brought me to power, nobody can remove me ahead of my time - Obaseki

The minister lamented the fact that even after the elections are over, mischief-makers are still bent on their evil.

I never said those who didn't vote for Buhari should expect nothing - Keyamo
Keyamo said that such a report is the work of mischief-makers in the country
Source: Twitter

Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that Keyamo had threatened to resign his appointment if politicians hijack job slots approved by President Buhari for unskilled rural persons.

Keyamo made the threat when speaking at the inauguration of the inter-ministerial committee on extended special public works across the 774 local governments of the federation.

The minister stated that the programme was designed to provide job opportunity in rural areas through short term engagement of one thousand (1000) unemployed persons per local government for a period of three months.

He said the jobs were for ordinary Nigerians and should not be hijacked by politicians. Keyamo noted that he would quit his position if politicians hijack the recruitment process.

“I will leave this job, if they want to insist that it will happen. Mr President is targeting ordinary Nigerians who are neither PDP or APC or just anything. They just want to get jobs, they just want to feed their family,” the minister said.

Read also

An Islamic scholar should not lie - Dabiri-Erewa tells minister as Buhari appointees fight openly

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news

He said the ministry of labour would not bow to the pressure of any politician to come and hijack this programme.

Legit.ng had earlier reported that the federal government on Wednesday, April 29 inaugurated an inter-ministerial committee on extended special public works across the 774 local government areas of the federation to employ 774,000 Nigerians for a period of 3 months.

The committee inaugurated by Keyamo was expected to work out strategies for the implementation of the programme.

Whom do you think can replace President Buhari in 2023? Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel