Recognize COVID-19 as potential danger - FEC tells Nigerians

Recognize COVID-19 as potential danger - FEC tells Nigerians

- As the number of COVID-19 cases increases, the federal government has again warned about the dangers of the virus

- The Federal Executive Council (FEC) urged Nigerians to take the deadly disease as a potential danger

- The appeal was made by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, on Monday, May 25

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Following the rise in the number of coronavirus cases, Nigerians have been urged by the Federal Executive Council (FEC) to recognize the deadly COVID-19 as a potential danger.

According to Daily Trust, the council made the appeal through Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, on Monday, May 25.

Mustapha who made the appeal in a statement to congratulate President Muhammadu Buhari and the rest of the nation on this year’s eid-il-fitr celebration called on Nigerians to observe all guidelines for safety, issued by the government.

According to the SGF, people have been encouraged to observe personal hygiene which includes wearing of wear face mask/coverings, and avoiding non-essential outings.

Recognize COVID-19 as potential danger - FEC tells Nigerians
Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha
Source: UGC

He said: "Members of the FEC also urge Nigerians to hold steadfastly to God, and continue to pray fervently for the restoration of normalcy to our lives.”

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the federal government has said that it may henceforth not take central control in the battle against Covid-19 as the governors will now be left with the best responses for their respective states.

Sani Aliyu, the coordinator of the Covid-19 presidential task force, on Thursday, May 21, made the disclosure during a media briefing in Abuja.

Aliuyu further disclosed that as the government at the centre is pushing for state governors to take-over, there will be a collective response to a different approach on the next line of action.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

In a related development, the World Health Organisation (WHO) said it has suspended the "solidarity trial" of hydroxychloroquine for Covid-19 treatment.

The global health agency announced the decision on Monday, May 25, through its director-general, Tedros Ghebreyesus.

Citing the study carried out and published by The Lancet, which had examined the effects of the use of hydroxychloroquine alone or with macrolide, Ghebreyesus in his address said WHO is unable to confirm the effect of chloroquine when used for Covid-19 treatment.

Coronavirus: Does the Madagascar cure really work? | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel