- Ian Woan has tested positive for deadly coronavirus
- The 52-year-old did not show any symptom before the test was carried out
- Burnley confirms the development and added that he will remain at home for seven days
Premier League club Burnley can confirm that their assistant manager Ian Woan has contracted deadly coronavirus and will be self-isolating until he fully recovers.
The Clarets added that the 52-year-old former midfielder did not show any symptom as when his result came back but has been asked to remain home.
They revealed that he will be in touch with the team regarding his training routine while he stays home for the next seven days when the test will be re-carried out.
It would be recalled that EPL clubs were granted permission to begin non-contact training earlier this week.
According to BBC, no fewer than six Premier League personnel tested positive for the deadly virus as they continue preparations for June 12 resumption date.
The publication further revealed that a total of 748 players and staff from 19 clubs were tested earlier in the week.
While Norwich City did their tests on Tuesday and will be expecting their results this weekend but will continue their training according to regulations laid down by the government.
In a statement released by Burnley, the assistant manager will start his stay-at-home exercise as from Monday, May 25.
The club said: "Ian is asymptomatic and is currently safe and well at home. He will remain in close communication with club personnel regarding his re-engagement in training once he is clear of the virus."
"The Burnley first-team squad and playing staff were all tested last weekend, ahead of a return to training. Everyone at Burnley Football Club sends their best wishes to Ian and his family.
"Burnley Football Club will continue to follow the first stage of the return to training protocol while adhering to Premier League guidance in terms of testing all players and backroom staff twice per week."
Meanwhile, there are 92 fixtures left to be played for the 2019-20 season after the league was suspended on March 13.
Legit.ng earlier reported that English Premier League’s Watford have confirmed that three members of the club have tested positive for the dreaded coronavirus after tests were carried out.
The club made the announcement on their website, although the individuals who contracted the infection were not named.
In a statement on the club’s website, Watford announced that one player and two members of the backroom staff returned positive results after tests were carried out.
What Messi told me at the World Cup - Vincent Enyeama | Legit TV