Nigerian military repel attack by Boko Haram in Borno, kill several, recover arms

Nigerian military repel attack by Boko Haram in Borno, kill several, recover arms

- Boko Haram insurgents suffered another defeat as the Nigerian military continued with its aggressive operations in the northeast

- The gallant troops of 212 Bn, Sector 1 Operation Lafiya Dole in Borno state have shown courage in the face of an attack

- The soldiers repelled an attack by terrorists, killed several elements and recovered arms and ammunition used by the insurgents

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Nigerian troops of 212 Bn, Sector 1 Operation Lafiya Dole on Sunday, May 17, successfully repelled an attack by Boko Haram/ISWAP elements and killed several terrorists at Gajigana in Nganzai LGA of Borno state.

This was revealed in a statement on Monday, May 18, by Major General John Enenche, the coordinator Defence Media Operations (DMO) Defence Headquarters.

According to the statement, the unit had received credible intelligence report on terrorist convergence and advancement to attack the troops’ location at Gajigana from Goni Usmanti village.

The Air Task Force scrambled it's Attack Aircraft and Helicopter Gunships in response to the terrorists attack ground troops and to provide close air support. Consequently, the soldiers engaged the terrorists in exchange of fire killing several in the process.

The troops also destroyed one (1) gun truck and two (2) abandoned gun trucks at Mitturu Village. Additionally, arms and ammunition including; 2 AK-47 rifles, 3 magazines, 36 rounds of 7.62-millimeter special ammunition, two 36 hand grenades, and one LG3 bomb were recovered.

No soldier lost his life or wounded, and no equipment was lost during the battle.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the Defence Headquarters said Boko Haram terrorists in the Sambisa Forest of Borno have been set in disarray, following massive airstrikes conducted by the Air Task Force of Operation Lafiya Dole (OPLD) on Friday, May 15.

The coordinator, Defence Media Operations disclosed this in a statement on Saturday in Abuja.

Enenche said the operation was executed based on credible intelligence reports as well as series of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions.

He added that the reports revealed that the terrorists were importing additional fighters as well as increasing their logistics stocks preparatory to launching attacks on troops’ locations and surrounding civilian settlements.

Similarly, the ongoing onslaught against insurgency on Sunday, May 17, recorded a groundbreaking boost as 20 Boko Haram and ISWAP terrorists were successfully neutralized during a fierce operation near Baga community of Borno state.

A statement by the defence media operation signed by its coordinator disclosed that the operation was carried out by the troops of 130 Battalion with the support of Army Super Camp Baga.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

President Buhari commissions first Nigerian drone | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel