Kaduna attacks: Buhari authorises unprecedented operation against bandits and kidnappers
- Following recent attacks in Kaduna, President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the constitution of special secret forces to tackle bandits and kidnappers
- The president also condemned the recent attacks which left people dead and similarly sent condolence to the families of the casualties
- Garba Shehu, president's senior media aide, said preparations are ongoing for the execution of an “unprecedented” operation on the bandits
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the coordination of a major military onslaught against the activities of bandits and kidnappers terrorising Katsina following a wave of recent attacks in the state.
This directive was contained in a statement by Garba Shehu, the president's senior aide on media and publicity issued on Sunday, May 17.
Shehu said a major proactive operation by special forces has now been launched against insurgent camps, adding that the squad, which details are being kept secret, will replace the reactive strikes previously launched against the bandits.
Shehu said a planning team is already in Kaduna presently selecting targets and making preparations for the execution of the “unprecedented” operation.
Shehu also disclosed that President Buhari has been briefed by the chief of defence staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin, on the plan to flag off the military operation against the attackers.
According to him, President Buhari was saddened by the recent attack which led to the death of some locals.
He added that the president also condoled with the families of the deceased and those who sustained various injuries during the recent attack.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that President Buhari condemned the wave of attacks and counterattacks on people among the Fulani and Adara communities in Kajuru local government area of Kaduna state.
Reacting to the recent bout of attacks on Tuesday, May 12, President Buhari said: “Killing people in the name of revenge is not acceptable."
The president added that the recourse to self-help, instead of the law of the land is the real cause of the killings and counter killings between the two communities.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Southern Kaduna killings: part 1 | Legit TV