Nigerians declare readiness for coronavirus vaccine but with conditions - Poll

Nigerians declare readiness for coronavirus vaccine but with conditions - Poll

- Nigerians say they do not mind to be vaccinated against the coronavirus pandemic

- A greater percentage of respondents to a Legit.ng poll on social media platforms, Twitter and Facebook, said they would accept the vaccine under certain conditions

- Some of those who commented expressed wariness at the idea of taking vaccines from questionable sources

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Nigerians have said that if an anti-virus vaccine for the coronavirus pandemic was developed according to proper international standards, they will accept it.

A cross-section of respondents to a poll titled: "If a Coronavirus vaccine is discovered today to protect you from contracting the virus, will you accept it?" said they would accept the drug under certain conditions.

On Facebook, 61 per cent of the 1,700 respondents voted that they would accept the vaccine while the remaining 39 per cent voted for the opposite.

They'll rather buy you drinks than help you - Man calls out his fellow Igbos

However, some of those who commented in favour of acceptance of the vaccine also gave conditions such as who developed the vaccine, where it was developed and if the country's elite among others would also take the vaccine among others.

On Twitter, out of the 308 votes cast, 51.9 per cent voted in favour of the poll question while 25.3 per cent voted against, 20.1 per cent were undecided and 2.6 per cent chose the 'Others' option.

Meanwhile, in a related vein, Legit.ng reported earlier that barely two weeks after the Covid-19 lockdown was eased in Lagos, Ogun and the Federal Capital Territory, Lagos state may be considering reintroducing restrictions again.

Since, and even before, the lockdown was eased, Lagos has not only been recording new cases on a daily basis but also topping the chart.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

This is wickedness: Nigerians react to Wike's demolition of two hotels in new poll

The compliance with the measures put in place after the lockdown has also not been followed as it should by many of the state's residents.

The state put up a poll on Twitter to ask residents to vote on whether the lockdown should be lifted totally or tightened.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.

COVID-19: We are forever cursed if we still go abroad for treatment after pandemic | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel