- Coronavirus will not stop football in the UK as Premier League resumption is imminent
- Man United have now set up testing centre outside of their training ground
- They join Wolves as part of the clubs already following guidelines for the return of the league next month
Manchester United have continued to do their best in ensuring their players avoid contracting or even spreading coronavirus when they resume training next week.
Although there is no specific date for the return of the Premier League yet, the UK government has confirmed that professional sports can resume from June 1.
However, the Red Devils have now stationed a COVID-19 testing centre right outside of the Carrington training complex.
According to The Mirror, the Old Trafford outfit joins the league of clubs testing their players and other staff in line with the Premier League's Project Restart plans.
The publication reports that Wolverhampton Wanderers set the example as they tested their staff for the deadly virus on Monday with over 10 members of their backroom staff were swabbed.
They have also set up a drive-through station at their training ground where nose and mouth swabs were carried out by approved medical personnel.
Wolves are planning to carry out more tests later this week having sent the samples collected from the initial exercise to London for analysis.
They have confirmed that they will carry out these tests at intervals to ensure their players and staff are protected against the virus.
Nuno Espirito Santo's men have already back inn training while the Red Devils will resume their next week, although a few United players were spotted shaping up for the resumption.
Odion Ighalo, Bruno Fernandes, Fred, Victor Lindelof and Sergio Romero arrived back in England last week and they were told to step up their personal training as reported by Manchester Evening News.
Victor Lindelof, Paul Pogba, Anthony Martial and Andreas Pereira trained together on Tuesday while maintaining social distancing and Pereira is hoping that larger sessions can take place later this month.
Pereira told Brazilian outlet GloboEsporte last week: "We had a meeting and were told that if everything is going well, we'll be back in training on May 18 in groups of six. If that goes well, a week or two later, we'll be able to train as a group.
"There will be six players training initially and there won't be much contact between us. We'll still be separated and training in different parts of the pitch. Those precautions have to be followed. I don't know who'll be in my group yet."
Legit.ng earlier reported that Manchester United stars are already preparing for the return of Premier League which has no specific date yet.
Embattled Paul Pogba alongside Anthony Martial, Victor Lindelof, and Andreas Pereira led the training session as reported by The Mirror.
The publication reveals that the organisers have continued to tie all loose ends but claim they still have several hurdles to negotiate.
What I plan to do to Oliseh - Vincent Enyeama | Legit TV