Joy as Kaduna discharges 12 Covid-19 patients including 11 almajiri

Joy as Kaduna discharges 12 Covid-19 patients including 11 almajiri

- Eleven almajiri kids deported from Kano and other states, who earlier tested positive to Covid-19, have been discharged

- The street kid beggars were released after recovering from coronavirus as Kaduna discharged 12 patients on Tuesday

- The good news came hours after Sokoto state announced the discharge of 22 patients

Kaduna state government has announced the discharge of 12 coronavirus patients, eleven (11) of which are kid beggars, almajiris.

This was contained in a tweet-statement by the state government on Tuesday night, May 12, with the good news coming hours after the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control announced 146 new cases in 20 states including the FCT.

In total, Kaduna has now discharged 27 persons, though the state still has 111 confirmed cases on NCDC record.

"Good News KADUNA COVID UPDATE: 12 Covid-19 patients were discharged today, including 11 almajirai. Kaduna State has now discharged a total of 27 persons," the tweet read.

Covid-19: Ganduje tackles El-Rufai, other northern governors, says almajiri kids need care not noise making

In a related report, Sokoto state on Tuesday, May 12, said it has discharged total of 22 patients who fully recovered from the virus.

According to the chairman of the Sokoto task force committee on COVID-19 and commissioner for health, Ali Inname, the patients were discharged from the isolation centre located in the Amanawa area of the state.

Inname said this brings the number of recoveries in the state to 41 out of the 106 confirmed cases, adding that this is the highest so far in Kano.

Speaking further, the commissioner added: “However, out of the 75 active cases, today, we have successfully discharged 22 persons who dually tested negative for COVID-19, making a total of 41 patients discharged out of the 106 confirmed cases in the state."

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that Festus Keyamo, minister of state for labour and employment, raised concern over the spike in fear of novel coronavirus among Nigerians, saying "the panic and paranoia over the virus have become more deadly and infectious than the virus itself."

Just in: Kano discharges 3 coronavirus patients after weeks of treatments

The minister, who is also a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), made this submission through a tweet on the micro-blogging platform Twitter on Wednesday morning, May 13.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.

Coronavirus: The US govt gave me over 400k to stay at home - Nigerian in US - Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel