- Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has sworn-in 8 new judges in Lagos state
- Sanwo-Olu conducted the swearing-in ceremony on Tuesday, May 12
- The governor said that the move was to further deepen the dispensation of justice in the state
In a bid to achieve better dispensation of justice in Lagos, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Tuesday, May 12, swore-in eight judges into the state's high court.
This was disclosed by Sanwo-Olu himself on his official Twitter page where he also gave the full list of the new judges.
The governor said that he made this move after the judges were confirmed by the National Judicial Council (NCJ).
The names of the judges are given below:
1. Honourable Justice Dorcas Taiwo Olatokun
2. Honourable Justice Yhaqub Gbadebo Oshoala
3. Honourable Justice Omotola Ibironke Oguntade
4. Honourable Justice Olufunke Sule-Amzat
5. Honourable Justice Dr Rasul Oriyomi Olukolu
6. Honourable Justice Sharafa Abioye Olaitan
7. Hon. Justice Ezekiel Oluwole Ashade
8. Honourable Justice Adeniyi Funsho Pokanu
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed
Congratulating the above judges, the governor said: "It is my fervent hope that our new Judges will work to make our Judiciary remain a true beacon of hope for the common man."
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that the Lagos government had asked all the people in the state to disregard the information circulating on social media that the coronavirus lockdown had been relaxed.
Legit.ng gathered that Sanwo-Olu made the denial on Wednesday, April 29, in a thread of tweet by his chief press secretary, Gboyega Akosile.
The governor described the information as false and misleading, urging Lagosians to follow the government's directive.
The statement read: "Fake news: please disregard any piece of news, write up or forwarded information attributed to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, circulating majorly on WhatsApp platforms such as the one here.
"For the avoidance of doubt, the governor is yet to make pronouncements on the relaxation of lockdown in Lagos state."
Akosile, however, said that the governor would make a pronouncement about the relaxation of lockdown at the appropriate time in line with his regular updates on the COVID-19 situation in the state.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve you better.
Coronavirus: How I go sidon for house when I no get husband? - Market woman | - on Legit TV