Coronavirus: FCT confirms 3 more COVID-19 deaths, discharges 39 and records 7 new cases

Coronavirus: FCT confirms 3 more COVID-19 deaths, discharges 39 and records 7 new cases

- FCT has lost another three patients to COVID-19

- Muhammad Musa Bello, the minister of FCT, announced the sad news on Sunday, May 10, via his Twitter handle

- Bello, however, said that an additional 39 patients of COVID-19 in FCT were discharged on Saturday, May 9

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed

The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) recorded three more deaths from the novel coronavirus pandemic and seven new cases of the disease on Saturday, May 9.

Legit.ng reports that this was announced by the minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Muhammad Musa Bello via his Twitter handle @MuhdBelloMusa, on the morning of Sunday, May 10.

The minister said that an additional 39 patients of COVID-19 in FCT were discharged on Saturday, May 9, after their subsequent tests returned negative, adding that the total number of the discharged patients is now 85.

BREAKING: 10 govt house officials in Lagos contract coronavirus

He urged Nigerians especially the people in the nation's capital to cooperate with the government officials saddled with the responsibility of containing the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, saying that the war could be won through cooperation.

"I am happy to announce the successful treatment & discharge of an additional 39 #COVID19 patients in the FCT after their subsequent tests returned negative. The total number of discharged is now 85. Sadly, we recorded 3 more deaths & 7 new cases as at May 9, 2020.

"While we are trying our best to ensure that we curb the further spread of #COVID19. It is important to note that we can only win this war if we fight together. I hereby urge all residents to #TakeResponsibility & adhere to protective measures laid down by the health professionals," he tweeted.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Just in: Coronavirus test result of Buhari's personal assistant announced (photos)

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Nigeria confirmed 239 new COVID-19 cases, taking the total number of infections in the country to 4,151 cases.

It was reported that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) in a tweet on Saturday night, May 9, confirmed the new cases.

According to the agency, 97 of the cases were in Lagos, 44 in Bauchi, 29 in Kano and 19 in Katsina. Borno states had 17 cases the Abuja had seven cases, Kwara had six, Oyo had five, while Kaduna, Sokoto and Adamawa states had three cases each. Kebbi, Ogun, and Plateau states each had two cases, while Ekiti had one new case.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Coronavirus: Are Nigerians really afraid of COVID-19? New survey reveals more | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel