- Lionel Messi and teammates will now return to active training
- This comes after they all tested negative to coronavirus
- Date of when the La Liga will resume has not been announced
Barcelona players have been given the green light to resume training after coronavirus tests carried out on all the players came back negative on Thursday, May 8.
The Catalans have all been on lockdown since March due to the threat of the virus which has killed many people in Spain and other parts of the world.
According to the report on Goal, no Barcelona player tested positive to the virus with only France international Ousmane Dembele the man who did not go for the test.
That is because the former Borussia Dortmund winger is currently recuperating from injury and his own test should be done next week Monday.
Although there have not been an official date to when the Spanish League will resume, but the players and clubs are hopeful of possible return soon.
There have also been concerns that the season should be cancelled by the authority in charge so as for them to plan for next season.
"This crisis has had a profound impact on all of us. The return of football is a sign that society is progressing towards the new normal.
''It will also bring back an element of life that people in Spain and around the world know and love,” Javier Tebas who is the president of La Liga explained.
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Barcelona are reportedly planning hard to sign Inter Milan star Lautaro Martinez and they are even said to be considering selling Arturo Vidal for them to raise money to buy the player.
Lautaro Martinez has been impressive so far for Inter Milan in which his performances have caught the interest of Barcelona.
According to the report by Marca, Inter Milan have already slapped £96 million release clause on Lautaro Matinez and Barcelona will now need to sell a player or two before they can go for him.
The report added that Arturo Vidal will be the player to be flogged out so as to help Barcelona get money for them to go for Martinez.
And since Inter Milan are among the clubs who are looking for the signing of Vidal, then there can be a switch of transfer between these two clubs.
But Barcelona must be told that Premier League side Newcastle United are also interested in the signing of Martinez and they will go for him when the transfer window opens.
What Messi told me at the World Cup - Vincent Enyeama | Legit TV