- Jordan Henderson has won the BBC Premier League Player of the Year
- The votes were cast by fans as the Liverpool captain emerged winner
- Sadio Mane and Man City's De Bryune came second and third respectively
Jordan Henderson without a shadow of a doubt has been named BBC's best player in the Premier League for the 2019-20 season.
The British news media outlet asked fans to vote who their standout player is for the current season and the Liverpool captain won with 23 per cent of the votes.
Sadio Mane came second with 17% while Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne had to settle for third place 14% of votes.
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
Henderson led the Reds to an unassailable lead at the top of the table and won the Club World Cup earlier in the year.
The England midfielder has scored three goals and provided five assists this season, his best ever since the 2014-15 season.
One fan said: "Henderson. Best player this season. Really showed what the captaincy means to him and the club."
Another added: "Got to be Henderson for me. Look at how LFC the best team in the land stuttered without him."
Below are the players selected by BBC for fans to vote:
1. Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
2. Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
3. Alisson (Liverpool)
4. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal)
5. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
6. Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool)
7. Jordan Henderson (Liverpool)
8. Raul Jimenez (Wolves)
9. John Lundstram (Sheffield United)
10. Sadio Mane (Liverpool)
11. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
12. Jamie Vardy (Leicester)
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Jordan Henderson has insisted that he did not ask for Lionel Messi's shirt after Liverpool's 3-0 loss at Camp Nou because of what he learnt from Roy Keane.
The Reds captain played under the former Man United legend and Sunderland and he disclosed that he learnt never to demand for a player's shirt after a game.
Messi scored a sensational free-kick in Barca's 3-0 win in last season UCL semi final first leg at the Camp Nou.
Nigeria still needs Vincent Enyeama, Maradona was my toughest opponent - Peter Rufai | Legit TV