- Dybala first tested positive for the virus on March 21 alongside team mates Rugani and Matuidi
- He went on to test positive several more times despite staying in isolation for weeks
- Juventus however announced on Wednesday, May 6, the striker made a full recovery
Juventus striker Paulo Dybala on Wednesday, May 6, left fans thoroughly relieved after announcing he had finally tested negative for the coronavirus nearly two months after his initial diagnosis.
Juventus also confirmed the new development, ending weeks of anxiety within the Italian giant’s camp.
READ ALSO: I shouldn’t say this: Cesc Fabregas speaks on famous brawl during Arsenal-Chelsea game
READ ALSO: Liverpool depending on centre back Joe Gomez’s goal to achieve incredible record
Dybala had initially confirmed he had tested positive on March 21 alongside his girlfriend Oriana Sabatini.
He was inevitably subjected to home isolation at a time when Italy was struggling to contain the viral infection.
However, nearly seven weeks on and Dybala can finally breathe a sigh of relief as he is no longer required to stay in isolation after passing his latest test.
Juventus has since issued a statement on the same saying,: "Paulo Dybala performed, as per protocol, a double check with diagnostic tests (swabs) for Coronavirus-Covid 19, which came back with negative results,”.
Taking to social media, the striker also affirmed his health.
"Many people talked in the past weeks... but I can finally confirm that I am healed,” he tweeted.
While some people contract and recover from the coronavirus without exhibiting much symptoms, Dybala recently talked about his plight as he narrated how at some point it was hard to breathe.
"I had stronger symptoms, I got tired very quickly, when I wanted to train, I was short of breath after five minutes," the Argentine said in a recent interview.
Exclusive: Nigerian legend Enyeama reveals what he'll do to Oliseh if he meets him again after pre-mature Super Eagles exit
Dybala will now be able to join players in isolated training sessions after the government gave the go-ahead to resume training earlier in the week.
Group training is on course to begin from May 17 but in the meantime, players will have to stay fit on individual level.
Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Cristiano Ronaldo and his family returned to Italy earlier this week as the countdown to Serie A resumption continues.
The 35-year-old has been in his hometown in Portugal where he observed coronavirus lockdown since mid-March.
He initially embarked on a 14-day self-quarantine after returning home having being exposed to the virus through Danielle Rugani.
What Messi told me at the World Cup - Vincent Enyeama | Legit TV