- Boris Johnson got married to Marina Wheeler in 1993 and together they gave birth to four children
- They, however, separated in 2018, prompting Wheeler to initiate divorce proceedings in 2019
- The divorce was granted in late April and Boris was effectively served
- The prime minister was initially married to a socialite, Allegra Mostyn-Owen, from 1987 to 1993 before they broke up, paving way for his marriage with Wheeler
- In total, Boris, 55, has six children including the newborn, four of whom he sired with Wheeler and one with an art consultant, Helen McIntyre
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
United Kingdom (UK) prime minister Boris Johnson's marriage with his second wife, Marina Wheeler, has officially been terminated.
Wheeler who got married to Boris in 1993 initiated divorce proceedings in 2019 after the two separated in 2018.
The PM is now free to marry his fiancee, Carrie Symonds, who recently gave birth to a baby boy named Wilfred Nicholas Johnson.
Boris and Symonds made public their engagement on February 29 where they disclosed they were expecting a baby in summer.
According to reports by the Mirror, the two are expected to wed as soon as the ongoing lockdown is eased.
In total, Boris, 55, has six children including the newborn, four of whom he sired with Wheeler and one with an art consultant, Helen McIntyre.
He was initially married to a socialite, Allegra Mostyn-Owen, from 1987 to 1993 before they broke up, paving way for his marriage with Wheeler.
After 27 years of marriage, Wheeler, a professional and renowned lawyer initiated a divorce process which was reportedly granted in late April.
Despite the wrangles that culminated into separation, the two are said to have had a good relationship with Wheeler receiving credit for having contributed immensely to the political growth of her husband.
Though she is a resilient woman, Wheeler is believed to have gone through turbulent times ever since she parted ways with Boris two years ago.
She had surgery for cervical cancer in 2019 and lost her mother, Dip Singh, in February 2020.
It is believed they could each end up with £4 million (526,131,916.40) from the divorce settlement.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the UK's prime minister Boris Johnson's fiancee Carrie Symonds had given birth to a baby boy.
A brief statement released on Wednesday, April 29, indicated Symonds gave birth at a London hospital and the newborn was in good health.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better
Coronavirus: Why I came back to Nigeria - UK returnee | Legit TV