Fashola reveals he has gone 49 days without a handshake for fear of COVID-19

Fashola reveals he has gone 49 days without a handshake for fear of COVID-19

- Babatunde Fashola has revealed what he did for 49 days to avoid contracting COVID-19

- The former governor of Lagos state said he spent 49 days without a handshake

- Fashola urged Nigerians to always maintain social distance

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The minister of works, power and housing, Babatunde Fashola, has said that he spent 49 days without a handshake to avoid contracting COVID-19.

Legit.ng reports that in a post on his social media page on Tuesday, May 5, the former governor of Lagos state said this was in compliance with the social distancing directive alongside other measures introduced to combat the spread of the novel disease.

He tweeted: “49 days without a handshake. Social Distancing, the new normal. #When was your last handshake?"

The Cable reports that avoidance of handshakes, regular washing of hands, and social distancing were among guidelines recommended by the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) to combat the spread of the pandemic in the country.

Coronavirus: Lockdown Nigeria for two months - Sagay tells Buhari

Nigeria has recorded 2,950 cases of the killer virus with 98 deaths while 481 infected patients have been discharged.

Coronavirus: Fashola reveals what he did in 49 days for fear of COVID-19

The minister of works and housing, Babatunde Fashola and the Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike, greeting each other with their elbows.
Source: UGC

With the cases of the pandemic on the rise in the country, both the federal and state governments have introduced various initiatives to contain the spread of the virus.

President Muhammadu Buhari had earlier ordered residents of Lagos and Ogun states as well as the FCT to stay at home — as part of measures to tackle the disease.

Some state governors also fizzled movements and closed economic activities to ensure people stay at home.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Following several complaints about the economic hardships brought about by the directive, Buhari would later order a gradual easing of the lockdown — which took effect from May 4.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the House of Representatives condemned the brutalisation, extortion and killing of innocent Nigerians by security operatives in the guise of enforcing the COVID-19 lockdown directives across the country.

May Day: Oshiomhole begs employers not to sack workers or cut salaries

It was reported that while adopting a motion jointly sponsored by Nkeiruka Onyejeocha and Dachung Musa Bagos at plenary presided by the speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila, the House urged President Muhammad Buhari to direct heads of security agencies indicted in the act to be prosecuted.

The lawmakers mandated the committees on police affairs, defence, interior and human rights to investigate the abuses and killings and ensure the implementation of its resolution.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Coronavirus: Ease of lockdown is best for us - Nigerians | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng News

Online view pixel